iv received a letter stating i have to pay for car accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening people,

Iv just opened a letter from a law firm stating that i must pay £1275.75 within 7 days for a accident that occured last october

Looks like the insurence company i was with (swift cover) have not payed the claim

i have emailed swift and await there reply but is it possible i will have to pay this money?

Thanks in advance rob

Providing that your cover was in force and all above board, then this should be a matter to be dealt with solely by Swift Cover. Rather than email, you might be best picking up the phone and getting the name of the person to send this demand to and insist that they deal with it.

I had one of these a couple of months ago, phoned my insurer and then sent the letter to them. Never heard any more.

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Yes just follow sidewinders advice. Phone Swift to advise them and then post it on to them. As long as you had Car Insurance in force at the time, then they will pay the third partly directly or dispute the claim with them. It is not something for you to pay.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread