Wickes and delivery charges

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having a bit of an argument with Wickes at present regarding their delivery charges. If you spend more than £300 in store, as per their booklet, delivery should be free if you live within a 5 mile radius of a Wickes store.

We live within a 5 mile radius, but by road it is 7 or 8 miles therefore they want to charge £30. I am objecting to this charge as their booklet clearly states 5 mile radius and not distance, but they will not budge. We cannot buy the goods elsewhere at a similar price..

Is there any sort of website I can use to check that we are definitely within a 5 mile radius? Also as the information in the booklet may be misleading, what sort of action can I take if I prove that we are within a 5 mile radius.

they should have a map instore which scribes the 5 mile radius from their store, and if you are within that it should be free.

Ask manager to see the map and why they are not offering the free delivery service; if no joy speak to head office.

I doubt that there is a case to be made of this because the sensible implication of the "radius" is that it's a radius of action. The Oxford English Dictionary defines a "radius of action" as

the maximum distance that an aircraft, ship, or other vehicle can travel away from its base in a given time and without the need for refuelling.

The store is not obliged to serve you anyway, if they would rather not.