Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2006

Default Wickes and delivery charges

I am having a bit of an argument with Wickes at present regarding their delivery charges. If you spend more than 300 in store, as per their booklet, delivery should be free if you live within a 5 mile radius of a Wickes store.
    We live within a 5 mile radius, but by road it is 7 or 8 miles therefore they want to charge 30. I am objecting to this charge as their booklet clearly states 5 mile radius and not distance, but they will not budge. We cannot buy the goods elsewhere at a similar price..
    Is there any sort of website I can use to check that we are definitely within a 5 mile radius? Also as the information in the booklet may be misleading, what sort of action can I take if I prove that we are within a 5 mile radius.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2008
    I am in
    camborne

Default Re: Wickes and delivery charges

they should have a map instore which scribes the 5 mile radius from their store, and if you are within that it should be free.
    Ask manager to see the map and why they are not offering the free delivery service; if no joy speak to head office.

Basic Account Holder trimstar Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2011

Default Re: Wickes and delivery charges

difficult one

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE