Need some advice pls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys need some advice

First of all i took out motorcycle insurance out with Ebike over the internet. for one month from the end of December to the end of January in witch time my bike got stolen...... Now ebike/Southern rock insurance decided to not honour my policy by stating i forgot to declare a incident which happened in november 2010 and also forgot to send in proof of ncb..... to cut a long story short i went to the financial service ombudsman and they looked into my case and by doing so the under writers southern rock restated my policy so i could proceed with my initial claim 6 Months on...... Now since the claim as gone ahead i have had an investigator around who asked more questions than the police..... and have had to call eldon around 30 times to answer all types of questions... Now i have had a phone call today to say after they have investigated it has come to light that i have had a fault and a non fault claim on my insurance around November2008 and i did not state this when i took policy out and they want to know my reasons why? What should i do?

I think i did declare it but cant remember as stated above they messed up the one from november 2010 let alone 2008

I think they are just trying to get out of paying out

Any help would be grateful... also if need any more information please ask

many thanks

Brett

Just make a subject access request for a copy of all data held in respect of the policy. Send the request with a cheque for £10 (max cost) to Ebikes data protection officer.

Check the policy documents sent to you and you should find information as to what you declared when you took out the policy. The letter enclosing the policy would have asked you to check that the information was correct and if not to contact them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for the reply, They have told me that I have not declared it and they want to know reason as to why? now my problem is this policy was taken up 6 months ago i cant remember if i did state it i have all policy information in email format and it does not show that i stated it but it also does not show the accident from november 2010 which i and they now admit i did state.....

(As I stated at the start they also said i did not declare a fault accident in November 2010 which I know I did and which why i took it to the financial ombudsman. this matter as been resolved)

They instated policy and have now come up with another reason as to not pay at least this is what i think...

what should i do?

I am not 100% sure i stated the fault/ none fault when i took the policy out... they say that i did not but i think they are using this as an excuse not to payout

do I stick to my guns and say i did state claim or not? as im unsure?

If they managed to find the Oct 10 claim was declared, perhaps they may also find that the previous claims were also declared. I would have thought that had you declared all the claims information, you might not have been able to arrange the policy online, as you may have been outside of their acceptance criteria.

If you did not disclose the 2008 claims, they would be within their rights to throw out the current claim. All they would need to show the FOS if you made a complaint, is that their underwriting guidelines, would have meant they could not provide you with cover.

The advice to obtain all your data using an SAR is to find out whether there is anything regarding the 2008 claims. You could make the request saying that you are sure the claims were disclosed and cannot understand why they are saying that they don't have the details.

What you should not do is give the impression that there has been any deliberate non disclosure on your part or that you were reckless with information when you applied for the policy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for the advice.

Think my argument will be if i declared my most recent fault claim and lost all ncb when i took out the policy why would i not declare the other/s.....

what you need to find out, wheather someone does it as an unrated query if say in 3 yrs ou had 3claims would they still insure.... of so, then the only problem is you would have underpaid.