CCO Customer Compliance Officer! DWP

stan80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, I'm new.

Well about 10 days ago i received a letter from the JobCentre informing me i would receive a visit from the CCO.

Before arrival of the CCO to my home address i rang her up. She informed me a allegation of fraud had been made against me.

Having done nothing wrong, nothing to worry about. So done a bit more research before the main event and found out im allowed to record the interview which the CCO must accept.

On arrival i informed the CCO of my request to record the interview which she objected to and terminated the interview with a immediate effect!

Just wondered how i should play this now? Has she broken any rules regarding my basic human right to record a interview? She breached her employment contract? Any advice and suggestions would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks

Stan80

Edited by ErikaPNP
edit in line with forum rules

You have the right to record anything in the privacy of your own home, and yes she does have to accept the recording.

She won't have broken her employment contract as her employment contract sets out the terms and conditions of her employment but not the job description in itself.

She has however breached policy, which states that requests to record an interview must be accepted.

A complaint will likely result in her receiving further training to ensure she is aware of the policy and complies with it. Continuous breaches would likely lead to her being disciplined.

I'd suggest raising it as a complaint, pointing out that chapter 4, paraghraph 15 of the Customer Compliance guidance states the following:

The customer may ask to record the interview. Requests to do so must be accepted. The same principles apply in Scotland.
and that she has not adhered to this.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

You would mark it for the restricted attention of the Compliance Manager and address it to the local Jobcentre.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

-UPDATE-

Send my complaint letter off yesterday to a (edit). Top dog in the area. Got proof of postage also.

Now today at 13.25hrs i received a phone call from a (edit) who was a CCO manager! She asked why i wanted the interview recorded? I stated that it was perfectly in my right to record it! She then clearly stated verbally over the phone that any of her CCO do not have to accept a customers request to interview them recorded! She had the CCO guidance in front of her. At this point she had me on the hop so i stated i had evidence to the contarary. Then either there was a line fault or she hung up on me. Typical! I have rearranged my appointment and (edit) will be interviewing me as the other CCO objects to been recorded!

What the hell is going on im confused! Are there new guidance rules out im not awear of as im sure they must have to accept a customer request to record interview!!!!

Edited by ErikaPNP
please do not post names of individuals

The guidance that I have is in the CAG library. You can link to it here. Access the compliance zip file, open the comliance folder and open the word doc numbered 4, entitled 'undertaking the customer compliance interview'. It's paragraph 15 which is entitled 'Recording of Interviews'

If there has been an amendment to it, I'm not aware of it.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Received a letter from the (edit) District Manager

He stated yes if a customer requests interview to be recorded if must be accepted however if the Customer Compliance Officer feels uncomfortable the request can be rejected and interview terminated.

So there i am doing a snotty letter back saying if she feels uncomfortable been recorded in someones home then she is unfit to do her job properly.

Also im getting a visit by the area CCO manager and another CCO on Wednesday. So two of them will be visiting me now. Which i object too so that will be documented in my letter and i will only let one of them in to my home.

Will keep you lot updated to progress. Oh i love a fight with authority. Makes me blood boil..

Edited by ErikaPNP
please do not post names of individuals

There is nothing in the guidance which states that they can reject, terminate or reschedule if an official is uncomfortable. The exact wording states that requests must be accepted, there is no exclusion contained within the guidance which allows for what they are stating. I agree with you that if they are not prepared to accept and allow something which the guidance states they must accept, then they are not suitable for that particular role.

UPDATE

Received a letter from the (edit) District Manager

He stated yes if a customer requests interview to be recorded if must be accepted however if the Customer Compliance Officer feels uncomfortable the request can be rejected and interview terminated.

what a nonsensical letter does the manager not understand english? If something is a must it cant be rejected it is not a request. The sentence makes no sense it would be laughable if it wasn't serious. This person is a manager!!!

I agree, they should be made to do it, they are plenty of people at work have to do what they might not like.

First issue what has that person got to hide? after all, nothing to worry about id giving truthful and correct information

Another issue is waste of pubic money :(

Now they want to send two people! a total joke.