Home insurance refusal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter moved house a year ago and the insurance company have refused to renew her home insurance on the basis that she had a claim for subsidence on her previous property what on earth has this to do with her present home which has no subsidence issues. Her broker cannot find a company that will insure her Help!!

Hi Misspetra,

and welcome to CAG.

I can't believe that an insurance company can refuse to give your Daughter Home Insurance.

If anything they could increase the premiums but not refuse it.

It is not her fault that she has made a claim, that is why we take out insurance in the first place.

Has she done her own comparisons to find a Home Insurance? maybe do that before using the Broker, plenty of online sites to look up.

Get researching, and good luck.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

My daughter moved house a year ago and the insurance company have refused to renew her home insurance on the basis that she had a claim for subsidence on her previous property what on earth has this to do with her present home which has no subsidence issues. Her broker cannot find a company that will insure her Help!!

Mistake ? I presume that the claim was under that policy and it was settled without any problems.

Suggest that she phones the Insurers and ask to speak to either the complaints team or a manager. Ask them to look into this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread