critical illness claim for angioplasty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently had angioplasty after an angiogram showed i had a 95% narrowing on one heart artery, and a moderate narrowing on an another, after undergoing the procedure the narrowing on 1st artery was 95-99%, and the 2nd was around 50%, the 1st artery was stented, and the 2nd was left although narrowed sufficient blood flow was getting through though it may have to be done at some later stage, i have submitted a claim under my critical illness policy which covers angioplasty, but i am worried that i wont qualify for the strict conditions in the policy.

The policy wording is as follows:

"The undergoing of balloon angioplasty to correct the narrowing or blockage of two or more arteries when the life assured has limiting anginal symptoms, any claim must be supported by:

evidence of prior treatment (on appropriate medication)from an approved registered medical practitioner holding such an appointment at a hospital in the uk and:

Evidence of significant electriocardiogram changes and:

evidence of angiography showing 70% obstruction of two or more coronary arteries.

i am worried that as the 2nd narrowing was under 70% and left untreated that they will refuse to pay out on the grounds that i havent met with the strict definitions in the policy, although on the insurance ombudsman website a simalar claim was upheld, but i havent been able able to find out much about any similar cases on the internet other thanalmost all critical illness insurers discontinued cover for angioplasty round about 2004.

I took the policy out with my mortgage in 2002 on a reducing cover basis and the policy is now worth about £66,000 i wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience of this or any advice?

Hi casper90,

and a big welcome to CAG.

May I suggest that you take your policy along with you to see your Cardiologist and discuss it with him/her, or maybe if you can speak to the secretary you may be able to copy it and e-mail it over.

Any medical claim will have to go through your Cardiologist anyway.

Good luck.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!