Got a cheque from my solicitor not in my name..........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, i was involved in a car accident 1 year ago.

Today i received a cheque for the repairs i made on my vehicle. I cashed it in today.

However today i also received a cheque for the hire car i hired out of my own money(as insurance wouldnt supply me). Its made payable to the hire car company, even though ive already paid them. Now i could go 120 miles round trip give them the cheque, wait for it to clear then go back to them 120 mile round trip and hope they dont rob me and collect the money. Seems odd and long winded.?

Or could i call my solicitor send the cheque back and get them to make it payable to me? is this possible? what would the process be? does the cheque come from my solicitors bank or does it come from third party insurers? there solicitors? or? is it a easy process? would they do it?

Appriciate a response...

surely this depends upon what account iyts drawn against [i'e who wrote the cheque out]

that person needs to be informed that [with proof] you've already paid remittance for the car hire, so thus, this sum needs to be paid to you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This could be a simple oversight on your solicitors behalf.

Did you provide proof (receipt) that you had paid the hire car company to your solicitor? If so, that's all it will take to rectify this matter.

Now, if your solicitor provided the cheque from the firms account then they can easily cancel the cheque you have in your possession and issue a new one correctly made out to you or, if the cheque was provided by the third party insurer's, then you will have to return the cheque in your possession for your solicitor to return to them, in order for the thrid party solicitors to re-issue a new cheque.

Either way, it's pretty straight forward.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Yes i did provide the receipt for the hired vehicle and it clearly states i paid. I also told him verbally on the phone when he asked.

I have no idea where this cheque is from? does anyone know for sure if my own solicitor sent it from there account/insurance account OR it was sent from the third party insurers account/solicitors?.

Thank you.

Yes i did provide the receipt for the hired vehicle and it clearly states i paid. I also told him verbally on the phone when he asked.

I have no idea where this cheque is from? does anyone know for sure if my own solicitor sent it from there account/insurance account OR it was sent from the third party insurers account/solicitors?.

Thank you.

If it was a non fault claim and you were expecting a cheque in your name to reimburse the money you had paid for the hire company, then they have made a mistake. Send the cheque back and ask them to make it payable to yourself.

The cheque itself will have the name of the issuing company (the account holder). It could be from the third parties Insurers. If you call your own Insurers or solicitors they will have the contact address details for the third parties Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Speak to your solicitors,that's what they get paid for. Don't bother trying to get in touch direct with the third party insurers, and seeing as you've claimed for your own repairs, there's a good chance your own insurers will know little about this.

Thank you.

Was the cheque not accompanied by a letter? A compliment slip even? Very unprofessional if they just sent a cheque in the post.........

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Speak to your solicitors,that's what they get paid for. Don't bother trying to get in touch direct with the third party insurers, and seeing as you've claimed for your own repairs, there's a good chance your own insurers will know little about this.

This!

Without trying to be rude threads like this make me laugh. Your solicitor is getting paid to do a job, just ring them! Its not rocket science...

Sorry, i dont think i mentioned i did contact my solicitor but hes away for 1 week. Thought id ask on here first incase someone knew i couldnt get a new cheque in my name, in that case i would just go all the way to the hire company and get them to agree to cashing in the cheque. But as mentioned i will wait for my solicitors return now.