Looking for income protection cover for stress/depression

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'm trying to locate a provider that offers income protection cover for stress/depression from work, i've been off work now for nearly 3 weeks and my employer is not paying me my normal full wage, therefore does anyone know where i can apply for income protection that will cover me for stress/depression off work?

i've googled, but confused by the many companies and the small print

Doubt you will find any protection cover for a current illness, bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.

You could look at claiming HB and CT depending on your status / income / savings, I'm guessing you're getting SSP.

This is the 1st time, i have been sick in over 20 years of my working life, i dont know what HB or CT are?

Signed off work for 6 weeks, but company have told me they will only give me 4 weeks full pay and then SSP, if it comes to that, i've worked for years and they only give me 4 weeks full pay, i find that disgusting, employees are not valued but regarded as just another "number"

Doubt you will find any protection cover for a current illness, bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.

You could look at claiming HB and CT depending on your status / income / savings, I'm guessing you're getting SSP.

i have heard of some income protection plans or employment protections that allow you to backdate the claim such as aint insurance, can i do that

Well if it exists, I'll have one! One of the main features of insurances is that they don't want to cover 'pre-existing' conditions, like your stress and depression as described on the Employment forum here.

I'm not sure why a company that is calculating its premiums on a certain percentage of people claiming would want to have 100% of their customers signing up to claim immediately once word got out. That or the premiums would be prohibitive. Maybe I've missed something? I'm always happy to be proved wrong.

Where did you hear or read about it please, jtors?

As people have mentioned, there are State benefits that should cover you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum