Please Hepl: Geek Squad Mobile Insurance declined a claim following a theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

about 4 weeks ago we bought a blackberry from Carphone wharehouse for my daughter to use, we also bought an insurance policy with Geek Squad that was paid for in full at the time of purchase.about a week ago on friday my daughter was robbed of her phone, she called her service provider from her friends phone to stop her number being used ( it's a pay as you go sim card), and as we were away on a weekend she waited until we came back on Monday to tell us about her phone being stolen, my husband then went with her to the nearest policce station to lodge a report. then went to Carphone wharehouse to discuss the matter and claim a replacement phone.Carphone wharehouse member of staff filled in an online claim and explain to my husband that because his daughter didn't report the teft to the police within 48 hours our claim may be declined.As my husband's english language is not very strong I called the insurance company my self and explain our problem, I was then told that as the policy is in my husband's name we are whiting our right to place a claim and we are not in breach of their contract. because of data protection issue the person I spoke to asked to speak to my husband unfortunatly he was still at work, I have been advise to call back to finish our claim.As I finished work early we decided to go directly to carphone wharehouse and try to make a claim again. We were then told that our claim was declined and even if the policy is in my husband's name my daughter should have still reported the phone stolen before the 48 hours elapsed. My daughter was very distressed about the theft and going into a police station whithout on her parents was just not possible!Can you please help us, I am extremely upset about the whole way this companies handled our claim and the complete disrespect we have being subjected to.Thank you very much for your advise.

This part of the policy sucks, there is no reason for it to be there, but it's in most of the mobile phone/gadget polcies. Let's face it if they had been prejudiced by your not reporting for 48 hours then they have a good case, but, how have the been prejudiced? would the reporting in the 48 hours get the police to comb the streets for a missing mobile phone?

complain, complain and then complain again.

afraid its like any insurance policy they look for anything not to pay out, probably an excess of £100 as well, not really worth buying a child an expensive phone in the first place. cheap enough on ebay. you van get an andriod phine for about £100.

I would also never use a third party to buy a phone, much better deals available from the networks