Direct line will not send me out proof of no claims bonus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They said i owe them £62 and will not send anything out until i pay.

When my renewal was due the price had double so i told them to cancel it and i cancelled my direct debit.

Anyway have started new policy with Shelias Wheels and they need proof of no claims.

I rang direct line call centre and they refused to send anything out until i pay.THey said i cancelled the direct debit when the last payment was due but i already started a new policy with shelias wheels.

My mum works in insurance and she is sure that they cant refuse to send it out as it is MY no claims not theirs to keep.

Does anybody know if this is right?

Thanks

They said i owe them £62 and will not send anything out until i pay.

When my renewal was due the price had double so i told them to cancel it and i cancelled my direct debit.

Anyway have started new policy with Shelias Wheels and they need proof of no claims.

I rang direct line call centre and they refused to send anything out until i pay.THey said i cancelled the direct debit when the last payment was due but i already started a new policy with shelias wheels.

My mum works in insurance and she is sure that they cant refuse to send it out as it is MY no claims not theirs to keep.

Does anybody know if this is right?

Thanks

Yes they can withold the NCD proof until the amount is paid. Most companies will do this and I have not read anything to say they can't. You could call the FOS to check on this.

I would suggest that you pay the £62 and make it clear that you are doing so under protest, asking for an official complaint to be recorded and passed to customer relations. Ask for the complaint to be acknowledged within 2 working days as required by the FSA and for the NCD proof to be posted urgently. Once the complaint is registered, I would expect the customer relations people to investigate and to try to resolve with you. If you are correct, they may even refund the £62.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread