Fredrickson int - Vodafone: RE:Mobile phone bills not mine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Basically the jist of it is that a while ago I received a letter from capquest regards a Vodafone phone bill contract that I knew nothing about and at an address that I'd never lived at, I sent them the prove it letter and they went away, then fredrickson contacted me and then their plastic solicitor contacted me regards it, so I sent them the prove it letter, they then sent me a letter saying they'd look into it, today I have just received a letter from them in which they've enclosed all the phone bills of this phone contract, same name as mine, same town, but at an address I've never lived at, surely they've done a bo bo sending me all this mobile phone info without it even been me who owes this debt or has ever had this phone contract.obviously the address on the bills is the address I've never lived at.

Can someone please advise my next move. thanks greatly.

They stapled on the front of all these bills a letter saying the following:

"We refer to your recent letter or telephone conversation with this office. please find enclosed documents, provided by our client, as requested (I asked them to prove this debt belonged to me, I can't see how this does this) We hope that this clarifies matters and look forward to hearing from you with your proposals for the discharge of this account"

Vodafone are in a mess and that means that in turn they are making a mess of other people's credit files whether or not those people are customers.

I suggest that the first thing you should do is to check your credit file to see how serious the problem has become and then come back here.

One thing I can advise you do to immediately is to complain to the IC and to TS. This kind of thing is happening so often at the moment that action needs to be taken.

By the way, our experience is that Vodafone may eventually (when they start paying attention) try to engage you in private correspondence, give you incorrect advice as to your rights and which is calculated to get you to drop any complaint or to accept reduced settlements and eventually do very little other than the minimum in order to get rid of you as a problem.

If you have already told Fredrickson that the debt is not yours, then I would ignore their letter at this time.

When Capquest saw that they weren't getting anywhere, they will have sold the alleged debt on to Fredrickson, and unfortunately this is how it goes on.

I am into my fifth year now of being chased by DCA's up and down the Country, for debts that aren't mine.

Do not respond to any 'company' who usually ask you to phone regarding a private and confidential matter, stating a given reference number.

I unfortunately did make contact, hence the five years of harassment.( isn't hindsight a wonderful thing )

Don't worry or lose sleep over these clowns.

Well that is a total breach of the data protection act and as such, they should be reported to the Information Commissioner. Chances are fredericksons are acting on behalf of Vodafone and as such, their actions also reflect on Vodafone.

Freds should have asked you to confirm all previous addresses before sending you that stuff. I suggest you raise a formal complaint with Freds for harassing you for a debt that isn't yours and report them to Trading Standards.

CAG has a member of Vodafone on here so you could email Lee and see what action VF could take

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340

Please follow the instructions FULLY and make sure you post up the automated reply reference number so that Lee can find you.

As intimated by Bankfodder, try not to do too much in private. Vodafone are trying to hide behind confidentiality

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

But check your credit file. This is extremely important. If your credit file has been affected then this will take a lot of work to put right and Vodafone may not be very cooperative

Hi,

Basically the jist of it is that a while ago I received a letter from capquest regards a Vodafone phone bill contract that I knew nothing about and at an address that I'd never lived at, I sent them the prove it letter and they went away, then fredrickson contacted me and then their plastic solicitor contacted me regards it, so I sent them the prove it letter, they then sent me a letter saying they'd look into it, today I have just received a letter from them in which they've enclosed all the phone bills of this phone contract, same name as mine, same town, but at an address I've never lived at, surely they've done a bo bo sending me all this mobile phone info without it even been me who owes this debt or has ever had this phone contract.obviously the address on the bills is the address I've never lived at.

Can someone please advise my next move. thanks greatly.

They stapled on the front of all these bills a letter saying the following:

"We refer to your recent letter or telephone conversation with this office. please find enclosed documents, provided by our client, as requested (I asked them to prove this debt belonged to me, I can't see how this does this) We hope that this clarifies matters and look forward to hearing from you with your proposals for the discharge of this account"

Hi scarborosmoggy,

I can appreciate where you're coming from here and as such I would certainly like to take a closer look at this case for you.

As such, could you follow the advice provided by Silverfox and then update your thread with your email reference number so that I can make sure it reaches us and I'll come back to you as soon as I can?

Vodafone are in a mess and that means that in turn they are making a mess of other people's credit files whether or not those people are customers.

I suggest that the first thing you should do is to check your credit file to see how serious the problem has become and then come back here.

One thing I can advise you do to immediately is to complain to the IC and to TS. This kind of thing is happening so often at the moment that action needs to be taken.

By the way, our experience is that Vodafone may eventually (when they start paying attention) try to engage you in private correspondence, give you incorrect advice as to your rights and which is calculated to get you to drop any complaint or to accept reduced settlements and eventually do very little other than the minimum in order to get rid of you as a problem.

Well that is a total breach of the data protection act and as such, they should be reported to the Information Commissioner. Chances are fredericksons are acting on behalf of Vodafone and as such, their actions also reflect on Vodafone.

Freds should have asked you to confirm all previous addresses before sending you that stuff. I suggest you raise a formal complaint with Freds for harassing you for a debt that isn't yours and report them to Trading Standards.

CAG has a member of Vodafone on here so you could email Lee and see what action VF could take

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340

Please follow the instructions FULLY and make sure you post up the automated reply reference number so that Lee can find you.

As intimated by Bankfodder, try not to do too much in private. Vodafone are trying to hide behind confidentiality

Hi BankFodder and Silverfox,

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I feel that there's been a misunderstanding regarding the disclosure of our contact with those who choose to email us. As you can see, I've tried to clear this up but of course if there's anything else you'd like me to provide clarity on please let me know.

Kind regards to you all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked your credit file? It may received an entry relating to this matter. Also, you will now want to make sure that the DCA remove all personal data relating to you from their files. Don't forget that they now have your personal data on their database. You should insist on receiving a certificate of destruction. I suggest that you send the DCA an SAR. Vodaphone will pay for this. Also check your credit file. Vodaphone will pay for this also. You should also tell Vodaphone that you want an SAR of the data which they hold on you and any references to you in relation to this unpaid bill should be removed with a certificate of destruction from Vodaphone.

Unfortunately, if these floating bits of data are not removed, they have a habit of turning up again later. See Philharg's thread about his phantom Vodaphone debt.

Have you written tot he Information Commissioner about this? You must do because the IC needs to be made aware of all of these kinds of breaches. It will eventually Vodaphone and others to take more care and it will protect other victims of the same kind of negligence.

Debt has been confirmed as not mine by Lee, very wrong that all them phone bills were posted out to me though, just because the person has the same name as me though.

can you let us know what date you got this confirmation please.

It would be nice for Lee to make a comment on this thread as well

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Debt has been confirmed as not mine by Lee, very wrong that all them phone bills were posted out to me though, just because the person has the same name as me though.

Hi scarborosmoggy,

Thanks for updating your thread with confirmation of the outcome of our investigation into this matter.

In regard to your credit file I'd say that there shouldn't be any problems at all especially if you've been successful with any applications for credit since the dates I stated in my initial email to you. However, if you'd like to check to be on the safe side I'd understand.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Surely Vodaphone should know whether or not they or their Debt collectors have accessed his credit file. Surely this should be a matter for them to check, not the innocent victim?

• 10 months later...

Hi Lee,

Can you please explain to me why this debt that I have proved to you and had confirmed by you as not my debt arose it's ugly head again? Why has this debt been sold by you to Lowell and why have you given them my details when you know the debts not mine.

I'm very annoyed about this, I look forward to your response on this matter

Hi scarborosmoggy,

Thanks for updating your thread with confirmation of the outcome of our investigation into this matter.

In regard to your credit file I'd say that there shouldn't be any problems at all especially if you've been successful with any applications for credit since the dates I stated in my initial email to you. However, if you'd like to check to be on the safe side I'd understand.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

OK, have you checked your credit file? Credit expert offer a free trial that you can cancel within the trial period and it will not cost you a penny. IF vodafone have trashed your credit file, I would post back here, as BankFodder and Silverfox will no doubt explain what steps you can take to rectify this.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ruddy eck. 10 months later!

Vodafone need to recall this straight away. As for the Leeds Losers just tell them to do one. If they continue to chase for this 'debt' you will use all available means to ensure they won't forget it any time soon.

While Lee has a hands on approach to these sort of things, errors do happen. I would be suggesting a 'gesture' from Vodafone for the added stress.

Hi Lee,

Can you please explain to me why this debt that I have proved to you and had confirmed by you as not my debt arose it's ugly head again? Why has this debt been sold by you to Lowell and why have you given them my details when you know the debts not mine.

I'm very annoyed about this, I look forward to your response on this matter

Hi scarborosmoggy,

I'm sorry to hear that this matter has arisen again but thanks for making me aware.

I'll naturally get this investigated further and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks for that Lee, I look forward to your response

Hi scarborosmoggy,

I'm sorry to hear that this matter has arisen again but thanks for making me aware.

I'll naturally get this investigated further and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 years later...

Hi Lee.

I'm very annoyed to say the least, I moved house about 4 months ago now and I have just received a letter from Lowell at my new address, it states the following;

Dear miss *****

We're contacting you about an account that we have purchased from vodafone which was opened on the 18/02/10, vodaphone have sold us the account to us as there is an outstanding balance which they have been unable to recover, this may be because vodafone did not have your up to date address details and therefore you were not in a position to discuss the account with them.

We have used the services of a credit reference agency and they have provided your address to us, therefore we would like to confirm the information we hold is correct and up to date,

I've just read over this thread again and i see it was lowell who bothered me before, I trust you will contact them and put them straight on this matter please, otherwise I guess I will have to take some legal action of my own no doubt.

I just send lowell this email:

Dear Sir,

I'm contacting you in reference to a letter I received by you dated 15/08/14 in reference to a vodafone debt you're so desperate for me to pay for someone just because they have the same name as me, I cleared this up with Vodafone and they where happy that I wasn't the person of whom owes this debt.

when vodafone first contacted me in june 2011 at ******* *** scarborough North Yorkshire Yo* ***, I proved to them and they agreed I wasn't the person they were looking for, then I then moved house to *** *********Scarborough North Yorkshire YO** *** in April 2012, then I hear from you again in may 2012 at the then new address bothering me again about this debt that isnt mine,

Now fast forward to Aug 2014 and here we are again just because I moved home again to ** ******* *** Scarborough, north yorkshire yo** ****

I look forward to you emailing me back confirming this case is now closed and returned to vodafone, no doubt they will be contacting you also about this because I have contacted them again today also about this complete and utter farce,

Anymore of this harassment and I will take my own legal action as I'm sick of this bothering me every time i move

yours very annoyed

Please double check your credit file just in case. VF are very quick at marking defaults without doing proper checks first.

As for VF passing this on again, a substantial Gesture of goodwill is in order.

Hopefully lee will see this and act but I would also put in a formal complaint in writing and sent by snail mail (signed for delivery) That way, if they screw up this time, you can also go to the regulator OR sue their arses.