Repeated Council Tax demands every month but Im paid up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a frustrating position whereby I receive a letter from the local council every month saying I have not paid the money and that they are cancelling the agreement and taking further action. I then have to ring up and they confirm its an error and to disregard the letter as its computer generated.

I have asked for this to stop and it hasnt.

Any ideas what I can do as it is really causing an upset in the house with the other half every month and I am getting sick of contacting the bank to confirm the standing order has been paid,

Hi lewis

You need to track down a the manager responsible for that department. Send him a Formal Letter of Complaint. Mark it as such. Explain whats happened,

tell him/her that if it doesn't stop then you will take further action. Send it Recorded.

I am in a frustrating position whereby I receive a letter from the local council every month saying I have not paid the money and that they are cancelling the agreement and taking further action. I then have to ring up and they confirm its an error and to disregard the letter as its computer generated.

I have asked for this to stop and it hasn't.

Any ideas what I can do as it is really causing an upset in the house with the other half every month and I am getting sick of contacting the bank to confirm the standing order has been paid,

You need to ensure that its being received by the council on or before the due date - most cases I deal with in similar circumstances are caused by the standing order payment being received late (they usually take 5-7 days to go through the system) . To solve the problem you likely either need to move the S/O forward by a few days or see if the council will move the due date back by a few days.

Have you checked with the council as to what the actual issue is ?