Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder lemonpinklady Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2010

Default When can I claim JSA?

I was made redundant and my last day of employment was 8 June 2011 and I will receive 1 month's pay in lieu of notice, holidayicon pay and 2 year's redundancyicon pay. Can anyone just let me know when I can apply for JSA? I am obviously hoping to find another job but some of my colleagues said they have applied already but I thought I had to wait till the months in lieu of notice payment was paid. Many thanks for any help.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative

Cagger since : Feb 2011

Default Re: When can I claim JSA?

When you apply for JSA, you're asked if you're owed any money. You should be able to apply on Monday.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976 Authoritative flumps1976's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2007

holidayicon pay and pay in lieu of notice (pilon) have no effect on a claim for JSA now. You can claim for JSA from the date after you were made redundanticon. The monies you received will be processed as capital.
    Hope this helps.

Basic Account Holder lemonpinklady Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2010

Thanks for your help.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details