No Claims Discount Letter From Ex Employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently changed job. My old employer supplied a company car but the new position does not come with a company car. I worked for my old employer for approximately 8 years. I have asked my ex employer for a letter stating that I did not make a claim on the company car insurance. This is so I can get no claims discount on my new car insurance. He has refused. Can I legally make him send me a letter?

Rob

Don't think you can make them. However this is an employment law question and not something that people working in Insurance could answer.

Is there any employment law concerning non release of information, which is detrimental to a formal employee ? If so, could this relate to company car experience.

Perhaps ask the site team to move the thread to a more appropriate area of the site.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Not sure how you can an insurer to accept this, NCB works on the basis of you owning a personal policy. Fleet and commercial often don't have NCD's.

If I am wrong, well done in getting it.

im under the same impression of above poster.

Business isnt counted for NCD..... most companies have a block policy, so drivers name wont be on the policy, just as long as the are suthorised by the company.

Imagine you arent entitled to NCD personally, but driving your company car during working hrs you do have NCD.... see the issue ???

I think your on a loser....

How big is the company you work for.... do they have a fleet policy.... so so, you and all the other drivers are unlikely to be named on the actual policy.

I have recently changed job. My old employer supplied a company car but the new position does not come with a company car. I worked for my old employer for approximately 8 years. I have asked my ex employer for a letter stating that I did not make a claim on the company car insurance. This is so I can get no claims discount on my new car insurance. He has refused. Can I legally make him send me a letter?

Rob

The company car disc given in lieu of NCD, is purely for those people that have had claim free driving experience in a company car that was allocated for their sole use. The OP would have been asked a series of questions by the Insurers to see if they were eligible. I take it that the OP has been told they are eligible, hence asking the question on here.

Being that their ex employer won't provide the letter anyway, it is now up to the OP to pursue it, as they wish. It is a employment law issue, which I am not sure about. I would think the OP's previous employers would have to release information that was relevant to their employment. Perhaps the OP should make a subject access request under Data Protection asking specfic questions about company car usage, so they can get the information they need. The employer would have a legal obligation under Data Protection to release the data.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread