suspened insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my daughters car was written of last year 06/07/10 so the insurance company suspended the policy until renewal date 29.05.11. and arrange the policy to be cancelled from the 06/07/10. On Friday she has had £60 taken from her account from the insurance company.

Can they do this.

If the £60 is their cancellation fee then I'd expect so. Suspending a policy is just that, suspending it in time. Your policy will still be a month old and subject to cancellation, not lapse. You can't suspend a policy forever to avoid it.

Did your daughter never get a replacement car?

Do you know what the £60.00 payment is for?

If it was me I would write to them asking what the £60.00 payment relates to. I would also phone my bank and have the direct debit reversed under the guarantee until you receive an explanation. Then pay the £60.00 when you are happy with the explanation (only if owed). If you are not happy, raise a complaint with them in writing. But get legal advise as well from CAB.

Good luck

my daughters car was written of last year 06/07/10 so the insurance company suspended the policy until renewal date 29.05.11. and arrange the policy to be cancelled from the 06/07/10. On Friday she has had £60 taken from her account from the insurance company.

Can they do this.

If the Insurers paid the claim, then they are entitled to the full years premium. But if they cancel, I think the FOS view on this is that up to £50 as an admin fee is reasonable.

If your daughter is unhappy, best thing to do is make a formal complaint in writing, threatening to take this to the FOS. The FOS have been looking at the charges made by Insurers. See this link.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/54/insurance.htm

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Can they do this.

have rang them up it is a call centre in india, asked to speak to someone in england or english speaking

was transferred back to herself, then transferred to another indian speaker still in india. Then transferred to reception in Wales english speaker but when she was transferring me was cut of.