Why Premiums Are Spiralling Out Of Control

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the past few years Motor Insurance Premiums have risen dramatically, this year they have started to spiral out of control.

One journalist has hit the nail on the head

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-08/car-premiums-rise-40-as-parasitic-claims-fleece-u-k-grandmas.html

That's well worth a read

Mossycat

Over the past few years Motor Insurance Premiums have risen dramatically, this year they have started to spiral out of control.

One journalist has hit the nail on the head

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-08/car-premiums-rise-40-as-parasitic-claims-fleece-u-k-grandmas.html

That's well worth a read

Mossycat

Thanks. You really must post more when you have the time, as we have lost a few others who don't post. I may join them, as I get a bit fed up of explaining issues, which the OP's Insurers should be explaining to them. Atleast they get paid for their advice. I think the problem is these days, that the staff on these helplines are so heavilly targeted including one for average call duration, they just don't offer a service.

In regard to these alleged fraudulent PI claims, someone I know had an accident at about 2 miles an hours. Their car rolled into the car in front while waiting in traffic. The other driver stopped their car in the middle of the road, so my friend got out to speak to the other driver to find out what the problem was. They claimed that they were so badly injured they could not move. So Police and an Ambulance arrived on the scene. The Police and medics could obviously see this was someone trying it on, so the officer concerned, said to the driver that as he was claiming to be so badly injured, that they would have to call the fire service to cut the roof off the car. The stupid driver obviously then decided he would have to go along with this, so the roof was cut off and he was taken off to hospital. To cut a longer story short, no claim for PI was ever paid out by my friends Insurance as no evidence was ever provided of their being an injury. I can't see that the third parties employers would have been happy, as it was a company car!!!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the insurance companies are at it as well.... as pointed out in watchdog, its common for them to pass your details to a claim company if youve been in an accident for a fee (oh now the insurance are making money!!) the claims company then persuades you to claim, so they can make money from the 3rd party insurer... just all a big merry go round being operated by insurer/and claims company... and we the punter pay more every year to get on this ride.

When my car was broken into a nationwide chain of accident repair quoted nearly £600 for the repair. I had to pay the excess of £250. I closed the claim, purchased a new side window and indicator stalk, fitted itself all for the gran cost of £40 which included a Haynes workshop manual. Took me about 2 hours! The insurance company were quite happy to accept the quote from this nationwide chain of thieves.

Mossycat and others,

Quick question for you... Reading previous posts I note you are in motor claims.. How is the Claims Insurance portal working for you? Is it reducing the cost of a claim, or are the majority of claims moving out of the portal to predictive costs due to non compliance. I work in EL/PL claims and it is looking like it is coming over to our side. It looks like I'll be doing some work on getting our company ready for it & just wanted some opinions.

Ta

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!