How much was my debt sold on for?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there any way I can find out how much my debt was sold on for?. The reason I am asking is that I made a full and final settlement offer to Barclaycard early this year of 20% of the debt, they refused the offer and said the least they could accept was 50%, I could not go to this as I have to offer all my creditors the same percentage which most have now accepted.

I have just received a letter telling me that the debt has now been transferred to IDR Finance UK Ltd. I think it is important to know how much our debts are sold on for, as if they are around or below the offers that we have made, then it is not correct to pass the debt on at the same value only to cause more upset down the line, that is my opinion anyway, it should not be allowed if the debtor has tried to negotiate a settlement figure for the debt to then be sold on to a third party for the same sum or less.

I have also requested and never received a True Copy of the agreement, only the application form dated 1997. This debt has been with Mercers (I understand they are Barclays inhouse monkeys), and also passed to Power2contact for a short while. I have been informed by Barclays that my offer of 1.00 per month will stand for the next six months, after which IDR will negotiate a new payment plan. I have been out of work now for 18 months, after working for 39 years, and have applied for over two thousand jobs with no luck to date., and really need to know what I am up against with IDR and if it is best to just sit tight for six months and pay the pound, any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi gem

I don't think you will be able to get the information you seek, but you might be able to offer a lower amount to whoever bought the debt, it might work out in your

favour, but be very careful how you word any F & F Settlement.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I will be careful, I have not settled with any that have not put in writing that they will write the balance off and not pass to a third party etc, I also have True Call, so have recorded anything verbal as well.

Any charges on the account, Gem ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, for a while they added a twelve pound charge ofr not paying the minimum amount, and continued to add interest for a while, this has all now been frozen, and I note tha the balance has been reduced over the last four months by four pounds. Thankyou foryour reply.

You can re-claim any £12 charges with Interest.

For what it is worth, I read on here about 18 months ago when Barclaycard sold my debt to another DCA, that the going rate was 10p in the £pound. I am still saying to them that I will pay, at most, double that which I believe they paid.I STRESS THAT THIS IS HEARSAY, but given that I was offered a 50% discount within 3 months of the sale, I consider it to be fairly near the mark.If you have a repayment plan in place that costs you £1.00 per month, stick with it. Don't be bullied into paying more if you cannot afford it. At worst, a court would uphold your agreement, IF THAT WAS TRULY ALL YOU COULD AFFPORD.15 months after I started to repay my debts, I fould that I couldn't continue at the current rate. I simply wrote and told everyone the facts with a current budget statement, and reduced the standing orders - no-one stuck out against me.A golden rule NEVER PAY BY DIRECT DEBIT - it puts them in control, not you. PAY BY STANDING ORDER - you choose what to pay and when.All of this I have learned in my two years on this site, but each case is slightly different. I wish you well.LSP

Hi Luckysandpiper (hope you are sending me one) thankyou for your reply. I have managed to negotiate with four of my creditors, Egg snapped my hand off for 20%, MBNA agreed to slightly more, but on a debt of 14K I settled with 4K, the others were also within my budget. I really would like to get the last few sorted as it has been a bad couple of years for me so far and would be good to at least say I have achieved something worthwhile out of it all, to be debt free by the year end was my intention, 60k of debt now down to 20k, so getting there and all thanks to this site and all the amazing people willing to give their time and advice I have learnt so much on here.

Hi Moroondevo52, How do I go about reclaiming the 12.00 charges?.

If you do not have all your statements, send a Subject Access Request to Barclaycard, this will cost you £10 (Postal Order), send it recorded.

When you calculate the charges applied to your account you then send a Prelim letter asking for these charges back.

If after 14 days they have not complied with your request you then send them a Letter Before Action telling them you will be taking the matter to court.