Complaint re Legal Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post but I have avidly been reading posts for a few months and found a loads of useful information – so thanks to all!

I was assigned a solicitor through my home insurance and I am now complaining about the legal services provider and the solicitor.

The main complaint is that is about the delays, only able to advise on employment issues, failure to assess case and poor advice.

This law firm states that you cannot make a complaint in writing unless you speak to the solicitor in question first – can you believe that?!! Or actually you probably can.

I have spoken to the Law Ombudsman and I am really looking for any tips or experiences about dealing with a panel of solicitors via legal services cover – especially if they never get to meet the solicitor as they are based 100s of miles away.

I am not under any illusion that I can get compensation but feel very strongly that a law form who offers a poor service because their clients are almost exclusively referred by an insurer shouldn’t get away with it. Most people rely on what their solicitor tells them and are not always able to check things out for themselves.

Thanks for reading!

Hello there. Have you gone through the formal complaints procedure with the firm concerned? They should have one and then if you aren't happy you can proceed to the LCS [Legal Complaints Service, I think it's called]. At least, that's how I understand it works.

You could check out the Law Society's website for the appropriate procedures.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks HB

I have spoken to the Law Ombudsman and they have set up a case file. I gave them all the details and they say they can investigate on my behalf. I haven’t received a response from the law firm to a written complaint made in April – they say that when I spoke to the solicitor concerned I agreed to drop the complaint. I made another written complaint middle of May and have had a second hand response today from the insurance company saying I have no basis for complaint. I am now putting together a response to appeal. It’s really not clear if the Law Firm will be replying to me directly and they are not following their own complaints policy.