style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi allI have just reeived a call from my ex saying that she has just received a call from council tax saying she owed about £300 council tax from about 12 years ago. As both of our names were on the bill they said we were both liable to pay this. I was not with her at this time but as my name was not taken off the bill i will have to pay i as well, which i realise....also apparantly it had gone to court back then and we are still liable to pay due to court order....Is this right, even though it was 12ish years ago?

Has the call come from the Council or a Bailiff. If the Liability Order was obtained within 6 years of the payment being due then unfortunately it will remain viable until the cows come home - there is no statute of limitation on it. As it is a joint liability then the Council can chase either party and demand full payment it is not a case of only paying 50%. If it is the Council it will be cheaper to pay sooner rather than later as further enforcement can only increase what is owing. You should of course contact the Council and ask for what period of time it involves and if you think you are not due to pay do you have proof of your living anywhere else at the same time, you should also ask when the LO was taken out.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]