OneCall...i wanted quote..they now want 50GBP to cancel! But i didnt sign up!!

rincewind123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I looked for a quote for car insurance looked very good

clicked through but did not enter licence number of NI,

insurance was due 9 days later,

after entering the credit card details then came all the extras,

1 hr on phone waiting to get through then 30 mins arguing as even though email stated "intention" to buy

they are charging me £50 to cancel it,

even though I have not used the insurance as it was staring in 9 days and I already have insurance up to that date.

They said they reminded people 3 times before paying of the charge,

I never saw it,

and that the charge was because they are brokers.

They are conmen, awful company will never buy off them again,

dont pay. Tell you bank not to allow the payment as you havent bought a service from these people. If they tell you that the company has said it is all true let the bank know you will be going to their ombudsman for failing to follow your instructions and allowing an unauthorised transaction to be debited from your account. It will cost the bank just shy of £300 to have the matter decided upon so they are more likely to actually do what they are told once you say you want the ombudsman involved.

unfortunately I used a credit card for protection, I have been in touch with them and if they do make a charge I am to get in touch with them to argue the case. the transaction for the insurance is still pending and I have had no confirmation email which I requested

I had an email today from the complaints department asking for my phone number so they rung me, a Lady called Laura, and after a lengthy call with me explaining I had gone to the ombudsman and had a reply telling me they had been in contact with One call Insurance, she told me I would be getting the cancellation charge refunded to me it would take 7-10 days and they will be sending me a letter also.

I confirm they are cowboys.

I had to deal with them a couple of years ago for a no fault accident and they simply ignored all communication from me and later from solicitor.

They only woke up when a claim was submitted to the court.

They ignored all letters before court action (solicitor wrote 3 of them).

Proper amateurs!

Their way of burying their head in the sand must be costing them a lot on solicitors and court fees only to start communicating and admit liability when a much money has been wasted.