Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Site Team Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in
    The Zone

Default Re: Sacked on the spot without warning

Quote Originally Posted by RachelMD View Post
    I was tempted, but it was a bit squashed. They're a lot smaller than the grey ones, really cute.
    Even smaller after you had run over it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click the link at the bottom of the page to donate
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder gazhodge1981 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Hi All, Sorry i have been away, my laptop died on me

I now have 2 references and i am just putting the finishing touches to my POCicon, would it be possible for someone to check them for me just to make sure i don't miss anything.

Also is it the county courticon i file the paperwork and is there a cost to it???

IT'S TIME FOR US LITTLE PEOPLE TO FIGHT BACK
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder RachelMD Informative RachelMD Informative RachelMD Informative RachelMD's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2011
    I am in
    West Yorkshire

Employment Tribunal Gaz, if you're going for unfair dismissalicon, non-payment etc.
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/c...sing-forms.htm

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Thanks Rachel

Would it be ok for me to cash this cheque that they have given me??? If i take 3 or more copies of it with the wage slip????
    I am just thinking if i start action against them they may cancel the cheque

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder RachelMD Informative RachelMD Informative RachelMD Informative RachelMD's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2011
    I am in
    West Yorkshire

Can't see why not. Just make sure you do have good copies.

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Hi all, Sorry I have been away I have been in hospital for nearly 6 weeks really ill but feel alot better now.

I am coming up to 3 months since i was sackedicon, so i am going to put my paper work in tomorrow morning. I have the claim for nearly complete, just need to put my POCicon on it which it asks for a lead up to what happened on the day I was sacked.
    Please correct me if this is wrong :P

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Does anyone know if this can be filed online or where it needs posting to, i can't seem to find the address??

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Hi all,

Just an update, I have filed online so all i need to now is sit and wait, will keep you informed as soon as i hear something.

Thank you all so far for your help and support

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Scouse Paul Novitiate Scouse Paul's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Luton, Beds

Got a few things to add to this and appologies if its been mentioned already.

If you are claiming unfair dismissalicon then you have to have worked there for min of 12 months.
    However if you are claiming unlawful dismissal and IMO this is unlawful as there was no investigation nor disciplinary hearing then there is no min time that you are required to have worked before you can claim.

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

whats IMO Paul???

thanks for the reply

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Luton, Beds

Sorry IMO means In My Opinion

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Thanks

it seems to be agreed on the thread that with the cheque they gave me with 4 weeks pay and one weeks holidayicon pay which took me up to 30th June, this was enough to put me over the 12 months and allow me to claim unfair dismissalicon.

I have put my paperwork in and it has been transferred to Manchester as this is my closes tribunal and they will get back to me within 10 days, so fingers crossed.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Hi all,

I have had an email today from the Tribunal service and they have accepted my claim I have a claim number and the hearing is set for the 16th Jan 2012.
    I have a list of case management orders:-
    By no later than
    The following shall be done
    27 September 2011
    The claimant shall set out in writing what remedy the Tribunal is being asked to award. The claimant shall send a copy to the respondent. The claimant shall include any evidence and documentation supporting what is claimed and how it is calculated. The claimant shall also include information about what steps the claimant has taken to reduce any loss (including any earnings or benefits received from new employment).
    11 October 2011
    The claimant and the respondent shall send each other a list of any documents that they wish to refer to at the hearing or which are relevant to the case. They shall send each other a copy of any of these documents if requested to do so.
    25 October 2011
    The respondent shall then prepare sufficient copies of the documents for the hearing. The documents shall be fastened together in a file so as to open flat. The file of documents shall be indexed. The documents shall be in a logical order. All pages shall be numbered consecutively. The respondent shall provide the other parties with a copy of the file. Four copies of the file shall be provided to the Tribunal at the hearing (and not before).
    8 November 2011
    The claimant and the respondent shall prepare full written statements of the evidence they and their witnesses intend to give at the hearing. No additional witness evidence may be allowed at the hearing without permission of the Tribunal. The written statements shall have numbered paragraphs. The claimant and the respondent shall send the written statements of their witnesses to each other. Four copies of each written statement shall be provided for use by the Tribunal at the hearing (and not before).
    9 January 2012
    Where the claimant and the respondent are both professionally represented, the professional representatives shall prepare a draft statement of issues or questions that are to be decided by the Tribunal at the hearing. The draft statement of issues shall be subject to the Tribunal’s agreement at the commencement of the hearing.

The first deadline is 28 days from today.///
    Would it be possible to get some advice regarding the first deadline please.
    it asks for evidence and documentation supporting what is claimed and how it is calculated. I have not been able to get a job since being sackedicon and i have applications and letter i have sent and received, should i include these at this stage? Also in terms of loss of earning can i claim up to the hearing date or just the time from being sacked till the application being accepted?
    Sorry for so many questions

Thank you in advance

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Luton, Beds

I'm at work at the moment and using the forum on an IPhone is a pain so when I get in later I'll have all the answers you seek

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Thanks Paul

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Feb 2007
    I am in
    Luton, Beds

To start with I would very strongly advice that you get in contact with the CAB if you are not in a Trade Union as they have expects in this kind of field.

I am not 100% sure on employment trubinal stuff as through all my years of being a union rep I've never had to deal with a tribunal case but my best guess on your question would be for you to send to the tribunal and your ex employer what you would like done be it compensation for loss of earnings from the time you were unfairly dismissedicon to now, you may also want to request that you are given your old job (the ET can award your old job back).

In terms of evidence I would provide a break down of what your earnings were when you were employed (include bonuses, shift allowance, any unsocial hours enhancements etc) and also mention about being deducted for annual leave you had taken which put you over your limit at that moment in time.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Hello guys. I haven't googled this, but I could. Is it called a Statement of Loss, from memory?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Parts Unknown

Thanks Paul, HB

Once I have all the figures put down i will post to see what everyone thinks

Thank you again for all your help so far.

Follows
    Following

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    Yorkshire (ish)

Gaz, check your house insurance to see if you are covered for legal advice and if so ring them straight away. A friend of mine got a solicitor through his insurance company who dealt with the whole tribunal claim.

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums
    This site is run solely on donations
    My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative becky2585 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by gazhodge1981 View Post
    Thanks

it seems to be agreed on the thread that with the cheque they gave me with 4 weeks pay and one weeks holidayicon pay which took me up to 30th June, this was enough to put me over the 12 months and allow me to claim unfair dismissalicon.

I have put my paperwork in and it has been transferred to Manchester as this is my closes tribunal and they will get back to me within 10 days, so fingers crossed.
    Are they legally represented? What was your final day of employment according to the company?

It seems you won't be over the 12 month mark from what I've read and if the other side is represented they may try and strike the claim out...

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE