T&C additional to printed T&C. Can they add T&C as they see fit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am buying an annuity and have now been advised that one of my funds has late Dividend payments. I had these sent to my annuity provider who stated the amount was below their minimum amount but would accept the payment subject to an admin charge of £50.

I checked my Quotation, the Key Facts document and their Terms and Conditions, none mentioned anything about 'minimum amounts' or 'admin charges', other than they will pay £XX to my IFA.

If these terms are not stated in the T&C I received and accepted can they add them, or any other terms as they see fit?

Hello there. This sounds quite complicated and it's a long time since I had anything to do with annuities.

What type of annuity do you have please? As for T&Cs, I don't know for sure, but have you spoken to your IFA about this? I imagine s/he recommended this particular product or fund after due research and you have a 'reasons why' document about what you've bought?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The type of annuity is not the issue, neither are the documents from my IFA. If by 'Reasons why' you mean a 'Key Facts' document then as I stated I do have this.

My question is; can this, or any company, add T&C's as they feel like it after the annuity has been purchased?

The type of annuity is not the issue, neither are the documents from my IFA. If by 'Reasons why' you mean a 'Key Facts' document then as I stated I do have this.

My question is; can this, or any company, add T&C's as they feel like it after the annuity has been purchased?

Yes they can to reflect any changes in legislation for example. I suspect also that written into the contract is a wording to allow for certain changes to be made. e.g admin charges.

As I don't have sight of the contract and you are wanting to query what has happened, I would suggest that you raise a complaint with the company concerned. If you were not happy with the complaint resolution, you could then refer the matter to the FOS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread