• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

APCOA Parking speculative invoice. Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 10/03/2011 I parked at X Railway Station in order to catch a train to London. I had no coins on me and as it was 6am could not change my notes for coins in the ticket office. As a result I had to pay for my parking by phone. I was also in a rush to catch the train and so did this at the same time as retrieving my pre-ordered ticket from the machine.

As a result of this I made a tiny error. Instead of typing in the 4 digit code for X I got one number wrong and typed the code for Y station. This payment was accepted (I have a record of it leaving my account).

When I returned later that day I found that APCOA had given me a "Civil Parking Notice" for £80 (down to £50 if paid early).

I wished to query this so I telephoned them and spoke to a very reasonable man who assured me that my story would vindicate me as I had obviously acted honestly and with the best intentions, I had simply made a very human error. However, he told me that I had to appeal in writing.

I did this and my appeal was rejected.

Fine I thought, but I'm not letting them keep my £2.50 as well. Surely if they accept that as a valid payment (albeit for a different car park) they cannot also take a fine from me! They cannot have their cake AND eat it!? I wrote another letter requesting a refund. This has now also been rejected and they are still demanding £50.

They have also told me that "Should any further correspondence be received rearguing this matter it will be returned without comment".

What should I do? Many people seem to advocate ignoring these notices however I am wary of this.

Thankyou in advance,

S

APCOA is a Private parking company so just ignore and and dont contact them and dont pay seems to be the advice.

Others will follow this, I am sure, with Ignore Ignore Ignore!

Same with all PPC`s like NCP and Parking eye and the millions of others. I did!

Saved me hard earned cash and changed my anger to a smile when convinced!

so sent 10% of "dodgy fine" to help this website.:whoo:

On a similar subject, If I get a ticket at Gatwick airportr from apcoa, can it also be ignored if they are employed by crawley council rather than BAA?

Did you receive one?

If you did, post it up with details removed, that will help us help you.

Jogs

No I didn`t but mate was close today. It`s just I think I read somewhere about private companies employed by councils etc would make a difference???

Wanted to know if to avoid like the plague or smile and collect another set!

Be very careful at Aiports as they are also governed by the Airports Act and normally Road Traffic Orders apply in all areas surrounding Terminal Buildings. Therefore it would be a Penalty Charge Notice and not a Parking Charge Notice that would be served.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I appealed to APCOA parking regarding my 'Enforcement Notice' and in doing so admitted that I was the driver. They have rejected my appeal. Can I still ignore the threatening letters or do they have a case against me as I admitted to being the driver.

Many thanks for any help

• 4 weeks later...

can somebody advise me please?

my son received a 'Parking Enforcement Notice' London Luton Airport from APCOA in april

Today received a letter from Roxburghe Debt collectors stating it is a 'parking charge notice'.

does he akcnowledge it or just ignore it. As he is out of the country at the mo I don't want to do anything to give these vultures any leverage.

many thanks

• 3 months later...

My car was parked at an APCOA car park next to a mainline station a few weeks ago and payment was attempted via text message, as had been done many times in the past and since. For whatever reason, the payment by text didn't go through. Two days later there was a "Parking Enforcement Notice" on the windscreen that said if the parking charge was paid within 14 days it "would be reduced to £40.00" (it didn't say what the non-reduced charge would be). I called APCOA the next day to explain the situation but was told I needed to put it in writing, which I did that day.

I didn't hear anything for a while until I received a "Notice to Owner and Final Reminder" from a company called Parking Collection Services, who stated they were acting on behalf of APCOA. This letter said that I now owed them £120! I called APCOA and they told me they had no record of receiving my letter (note that they didn't say they hadn't received it, just that they had no record of it being received) and that I had to deal with Parking Collection Services on the matter. LESSON: If you're going to send any written correspondence, make sure you send it registered post.

So I emailed and sent a registered letter to Parking Collection Services, for which I have proof of delivery. My letter requested a response within 3 working days of (recorded) receipt of the letter and I heard nothing back from them. Then over the weekend (over two weeks after Parking Collection Services received my letter) I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, which appears on the face of it to be a different company to Parking Collection Services although their addresses are almost identical. This letter now states I owe £140, which must be paid within 7 days!

If it were just me, I'd ignore this as unenforceable as advised elsewhere. However, the prospect of going through a debt recovery process has my wife extremely worried and so I really need to do something to sort this out. My instinct is to contact APCOA and explain the situation to them again and even offer to pay for the 2 days parking as has been done every other time the same car park has been used. In fact, over the last two years, I've spent almost £900 with APCOA with over £250 of this being via the text payment service! I'm not a crook trying to avoid paying for parking!

I'd very much appreciate any sound advice the members of this forum can offer!

Edited by macman365

Thanks oddjobber. That would be my approach, but the threat of a debt recovery process is making my wife sick with worry. I'm hoping there's something I can do that, while not acknowledging nor accepting their claim, means I don't have this threat hanging over us for the next few weeks.

Debt collectors can do nothing to you, stop worrying.

If you contact them in any way shape or form you just encorage them to send more letters.

If you IGNORE them they give up after only a few letters. There realy is NOTHING to worry about by ignoring them!

I speak from experience.

hello all:-)

A debt recovery process must be based on there being a debt.

These people are not chasing a debt but a gift of money from you - albeit trying to make it look and sound both official and scarey to encourage you to make that gift.

They may say they are Bailiffs to really frighten people but a bailiff cannot act as a bailiff until it has been to Court and following that there has been a CCJ that was not paid within time limits. After that hollow threat they take paper out of the other stationery box marked Graham White Solicitor - who failed to show up the only time they tried going to Court. Although much huffing and puffing about Courts to frighten you even more, these people avoid Courts for fear of the publicity of it being found out the whole system in nothing but a money making 'skam'.

Read around some more threads for reassurance. Come back with any query and a "pep talk" when wavering!

Thanks SURFBOY. I'm willing to ignore it, but my wife certainly isn't. Would sending a letter based on one of the templates referred to elsewhere on this site (I can't post a link to the letter template thread for some reason) help expedite the situation, or risk making it worse?

no

ignore them totally.

get her to read this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Be very careful at Aiports as they are also governed by the Airports Act and normally Road Traffic Orders apply in all areas surrounding Terminal Buildings. Therefore it would be a Penalty Charge Notice and not a Parking Charge Notice that would be served.

the key to this is the words on the ticket

if it [ONLY] says:

Penalty Charge Notice

then its real

ANYTHING ELSE

its a PPC and can be ignored totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are not interested in what you have to say and in my oppinion sending them anything will only encourage them to write to you further because they know they have got a "live one " who is on the border of giving them his hard earned money!

Ask your wife to have a read of this forum and lots of other internet forums, they ALL tell you to IGNORE.

Contacting them realy is a waste of your time and money.

Do some reading on this subject, the internet is a very informative tool.

hello all:-)