style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

I'm arrears over council tax that i didn't know i had to pay. I didn't fill in the change in circumstance form at the time i moved into the property which was last July. At the time i moved into the flat i was a student but i dropped out of university in September. Since then I've been living off savings trying to find work and although i did find a part time job in February, but that barely covers the rent and food as i don't get many hours + i've been draining my savings account and am down to the last few hundred which i need for rent. Things get further complicated as i start an apprenticeship in June and shouldn't have to pay Council tax for the forthcoming year.

They are still unaware that i owe them council tax as i haven't contacted them yet. I know I've been stupid in not contacting them sooner but how do i move forward from here without it adversely affecting me?

In my opinion you just need to be openly honest about it give them a ring and start off by saying you would like to report a change of circumstances etc and go from there, someone else will be along shortly

Things get further complicated as i start an apprenticeship in June and shouldn't have to pay Council tax for the forthcoming year.

An apprentice is still liable for council tax - you are not exempt.

Aan apprentice is disregarded for council tax purposes - if you are the sole occupier (or all other occs are also disregarded) then you will be giving a 50% discount.