CoverDirect Cancelled Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted on here (I'm usually a silent reader) but need advice.

Approx last March I moved into a rented property with a few friends and took out contents insurance with CoverDirect, made all payments on time and never had any problems. How ever 4 months later due to personal circumstances I ended up moving out of the shared house.

As the friends were staying on I called up CoverDirect and asked if the account could be transfered to one of them, they told me this was not possible that I would have to cancel my policy and one of them take out a new one, so I requested they cancel the policy and thought that was that.

However in the close to a year since I moved out I have recieved constant calls from CoverDirect claiming I owe them money (Unsure exactly how much there currently claiming but it was well over £100 at some point last year just a few months after I moved out, despite my annual premium having only been about £120

I have repeatedly told them I no longer live at the address in question, that I moved out and cancelled the policy and as far as I am concerned I don't owe them anything, this has all been over the phone as they do not currently know where I live and I don't want to change that if I can help it.

The last time they phoned a few days ago they said they woud be taking action against the address the policy relates to, I reminded them once again that I no longer live there (neither do my friends they moved out a few months after me) and they said they would trace were I live.

Hence here I am asking for opinion, am I best just ignoring them as they don't have an address for me?

Many Thanks

p.s is it possible to change my username?

See below.

Edited by unclebulgaria67

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Next time they phone, ask for the CoverDirect complaints address and email address. Complaint is that you were not told of the cancellation rates/fees at the point of cancelling the policy, which is required under FSA rules. Then make a formal complaint in writing or email.

Check your credit record using the Experian and Equifax free trials, just in case a default has been applied which could affect other services.

Once you have a complaint ongoing with the company and if necessary the FOS, they have to stop collection activity. They may decide to write off the amount, as if you went to the FOS, it would them a £500 case fee and you nothing.

But don't do nothing, as you will regret it. They will just sell on the debt and you will have harassment for years to come.

You can't change the user name. If you want to change, just set up a new account.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread