council land - illegal use of garage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi forum,

we live on an estate with several lock-up garages, over the past years many have been left abandoned with broken locks and doors.

In the past year I decided to put a SORN classic car in one of them as the locks were already broken, and in any case most of the others were being fly-tipped in, and my use of the garage in this way at least prevented fly tippers.

Recently the council management organisation ordered a clearout, and they changed all the locks, however they did such a bad job of it (using obviously untrained workers who cant speak english, and scavenging parts from other broken garages instead of buying new locks) ...that they left the doors unsecured, again.

I quickly removed the car without causing any damage, to their already defective 'repairs'.

They alledge (through DVLA checks) I broke the lock to rescue my car (non true, I can get severall witnesses to back me up), and want to charge me 500 pounds to fix it.

What really annoys me is that the estate manager used the words 'illegal use of garage 12', if it was illegal, surely it is a criminal matter, one that the police should be dealing with, not estate management.

I would like to threaten to take the estate organisation to court for a litany of botched repairs, attempted extortion, use of illegal workers etc. What case law can i find to back me up?

thanks

bert.