Cabot/Mackenzie Hall?? - SCOTLAND

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Just after a wee bit of advice regarding a letter I received the other day from Mackenzie Hall, it said they had been provided my address as being the possible residential details for the person they are looking for (my name) and they wanted to contact me regarding a 'personal matter', get in touch quoting Ref blah blah blah...... I have ignored it, obvs LOL!

Now, on the letter I noticed an email address at the top - cabot @ mackenziehall. I checked my Equifax credit report and there is a default registered by cabot for a Credit Card, start date 19/01/2005, default date 08/08/2005, no other details or payment history. I cant think what this is, I did get into financial trouble years ago when i was a student and was silly, i had a credit card with capital one but i dealt with aktiv kapital and this has been settled, letter confirming this is filed and credit report shows settled. I'm thinking it may be an old storecard, although I still have a Dorothy Perkins one and this old one was a Burtons one (:???:) so surely they would know me?

If the start date of this Cabot on my credit report is Jan 2005, then I'm thinking the orginial creditor file will have dropped off as its 6 years. Are Cabot allowed to put seperate defaults on my credt file?

As I live in Scotland, am i correct in saying that this is now Statute Barred? I have never heard from Cabot, havent written any letters to anyone and havent paid since well before January 2005.

Also, on checking my Credit Report mackenzie hall have entered 2 searches on table one, the reason being 'outstanding debt' - am i right in thinking they arent allowed to do this?

thanks for answering my questions, sorry my post was so long!! :-D

Statute Barred time is 5 years for Scotland.

Muck Hall and Cabot have been busily buying up near time barred accounts so they might just have boobed with this one.. IF.. it does actually belong to you.

I will amend your thread title to include your location and hopefully someone will be able to advise you further.

Meanwhile, please do not telephone Muck Hall/Cabot :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What an unholy alliance eh Crapbot/Muck Hall:puke:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thankies!!

Dont worry, I have no intention of calling them! Before I found this site I made the mistake of calling fredrickson and was reduced to tears! LOL! Never again!

They havent stated what the letter is in regards to, which I believe they have been pulled up on before? I'm busily reading through all the threads on these 'people' and its just shocking what they have been allowed to get away with!

This site is a godsend cause if i didnt know about SB and all that I would have been in a total panick and would've been straight on the phone! I guess thats waht they rely on!

Is this the letter that states if your not the person they are looking for, you should contact their investigations team. (I have this one in stock)

If it is I would suggest that you forward it to Trading standards as they are already aware of this one.

On the other hand if it is an old debt of yours you could also send them the Statute Barred letter (Scottish version)

Yes that is the letter I have, no details of anything else.

I'm just going to ignore it as they havent stated what it is about, but if i get any other letters (I have a feeling....) then statute Barred letter it is!

I'm still going to report the letter to trading standards as they arent supposed to send out letters like that are they?

It 's typical trying to get ordinary punters to do their dirty work:-x

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As was stated earlier, Mackenzie Hall in particular buy large amounts of Statute Barred Debt and then they are forced to go fishing to find out where the person lives.

However, if you respond to these letters then they will ask for your personal details. Threfore, the question is. who the hell do they think they are ?

Remember, the onus is on the pursuer to prove that the debt exists and not the recipient to prove otherwise.

In addition, if your not the person named on the envelope you would not open the mail, WOULD YOU ?

Edited by Crocdoc
Add sentence