Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder SparklySue Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2010

Default Cabot/Mackenzie Hall?? - SCOTLAND

Hi Everyone,

Just after a wee bit of advice regarding a letter I received the other day from Mackenzie Hall, it said they had been provided my address as being the possible residential details for the person they are looking for (my name) and they wanted to contact me regarding a 'personal matter', get in touch quoting Ref blah blah blah...... I have ignored it, obvs LOL!

Now, on the letter I noticed an email address at the top - cabot @ mackenziehall. I checked my Equifax credit report and there is a default registered by cabot for a Credit Card, start date 19/01/2005, default date 08/08/2005, no other details or payment history. I cant think what this is, I did get into financial trouble years ago when i was a student and was silly, i had a credit card with Capital Oneicon but i dealt with aktiv kapital and this has been settled, letter confirming this is filed and credit report shows settled. I'm thinking it may be an old storecard, although I still have a Dorothy Perkins one and this old one was a Burtons one () so surely they would know me?

If the start date of this Cabot on my credit report is Jan 2005, then I'm thinking the orginial creditor file will have dropped off as its 6 years. Are Cabot allowed to put seperate defaults on my credt file?

As I live in Scotland, am i correct in saying that this is now statute barredicon? I have never heard from Cabot, havent written any letters to anyone and havent paid since well before January 2005.

Also, on checking my Credit Report mackenzie hall have entered 2 searches on table one, the reason being 'outstanding debt' - am i right in thinking they arent allowed to do this?

thanks for answering my questions, sorry my post was so long!!

Cagger since
    Mar 2010

Default Re: Cabot/Mackenzie Hall??

Also, there are no CCJs showing on my report.

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Default Re: Cabot/Mackenzie Hall??

Statute Barred time is 5 years for Scotland.

Muck Hall and Cabot have been busily buying up near time barredicon accounts so they might just have boobed with this one.. IF.. it does actually belong to you.

I will amend your thread title to include your location and hopefully someone will be able to advise you further.

Meanwhile, please do not telephone Muck Hall/Cabot

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Default Re: Cabot/Mackenzie Hall?? - SCOTLAND

What an unholy alliance eh Crapbot/Muck Hall

Basic Account Holder 247orbital Novitiate 247orbital's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

incompetent alliance. Shocking that companies even exist.

Cagger since
    Mar 2010

Thankies!!

Dont worry, I have no intention of calling them! Before I found this site I made the mistake of calling fredrickson and was reduced to tears! LOL! Never again!

They havent stated what the letter is in regards to, which I believe they have been pulled up on before? I'm busily reading through all the threads on these 'people' and its just shocking what they have been allowed to get away with!

This site is a godsend cause if i didnt know about SB and all that I would have been in a total panick and would've been straight on the phone! I guess thats waht they rely on!

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Muckle Flugga

Send them this; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...etter-SCOTLAND

They must have a few filing cabinets full of 'em by now. If they continue make a complaint to East Ayshire Trading Standards.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

If they haven't stated what they are after ignore it.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2009
    I am in
    Edinburgh

Is this the letter that states if your not the person they are looking for, you should contact their investigations team. (I have this one in stock)
    If it is I would suggest that you forward it to Trading standards as they are already aware of this one.

On the other hand if it is an old debt of yours you could also send them the statute barredicon letter (Scottish version)

Cagger since
    Mar 2010

Yes that is the letter I have, no details of anything else.

I'm just going to ignore it as they havent stated what it is about, but if i get any other letters (I have a feeling....) then statute barredicon letter it is!

I'm still going to report the letter to trading standards as they arent supposed to send out letters like that are they?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

It 's typical trying to get ordinary punters to do their dirty work

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2009
    I am in
    Edinburgh

As was stated earlier, Mackenzie Hall in particular buy large amounts of statute barredicon Debt and then they are forced to go fishing to find out where the person lives.
    However, if you respond to these letters then they will ask for your personal details. Threfore, the question is. who the hell do they think they are ?

Remember, the onus is on the pursuer to prove that the debt exists and not the recipient to prove otherwise.

In addition, if your not the person named on the envelope you would not open the mail, WOULD YOU ?

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE