Being persued for council tax for a property that I have/had no connection with.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently being persued for outstanding council tax and the address on the comunications and now the liability order is one that I have never owned nor lived at.

I have written to the council twice and informed them of this but have continued to receive letters and have now had a visit from a bailiff.

I have also asked for any documentation that they have that has my name and the name of the property on it and have received nothing as yet.

Just not that keen on paying tax on a property that is not known to me.

Any thoughts?

Most councils don't administrate there own council tax Shropshire council use a firm called Capita so any letters or phone calls made go direct to them and believe it not a complaint is not recorded as a complaint unless it is made as a formal complaint and addressed to the CEO

Kim Ryley is the chief executive of Shropshire council(cant find his e-mail address) you must make a Formal Complaint to the complaints department and Kim Riley this ensures your complaint is registered as a formal complaint it would a good idea to provide proof of the address you were living at for the period they are claiming you owe council tax

all letters should be sent recorded deliver

I did find this [email protected] who is the leader of the council

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?212401

I have dealt with formal complaints a few times for Friends and family (bailiffs overcharging) and i find that a letter handed it to the council offices addressed to the CEO with Formal complaint on the envelope is dealt with very quickly (and i ask for formal complaint FAO xxxxxxx chief executive to be written on the receipt they give me )

This just the sort of story your local newspaper would be interested in.

I notice your council is jumping on the money bandwagon and showing it's arrogance by banning parking within 4 miles of the Elton John concert due there, They want £8 for using their carparks and say you can't even drop off or pick anyone up.

Seems they need a kick somewhere painfull and you have the boots to do that with.