style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm self-employed and have been for 4 years, my husband and I put in a claim for Housing Benefit & Council Tax Benefit in January this year as work for me was slowing down and the company my husband was one of the directors of had gone into administration.

As work was slow I decided to do a Diploma course to make good of the extra time I had, this course cost £1500 and was to take 10-15 weeks part-time at home mostly. The Council have now had 5 S/E forms and done numerous checks on my husband and I, we are and have been for some time living on nothing more than our Tax/Child Credits payments, we have been served with a s.21 eviction notice from our private landlord and the Council have still not processed our claim.

Further to this, the Council have told me that the time that I spent doing my Diploma I was not S/E but was actually a Student!, I have contacted the DWP and asked their advice, they told me I was S/E and still am.

Just wondered if it was possible to get hold of ALL the information that the Council hold on my husband and I to see if there is someone just making life more difficult than it already is.

Thanks

CC