Cancellnig insurance now that car is wrecked

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car was broken in today. They could not get the lock off so they smashed into the section where the ignition key goes and totally wrecked the area where the steering wheel is housed. I cannot drive it as their is nowhere to put my key :x

My road tax and mOT comes to an end in May, so as I cannot drive it I was thinking of havin it picked up for scrap.

I am with kwik fit insurace and have got 10 years no claim insurance.

Shall I just get it picked up for scrap and cancel my insurance? I pay monthly so I think I may have to pay a penalty? Its a very old Jeep that is not worth anything.

How much longer is left on the insurance policy?

The reason I ask is that kwik fit charged my hubby a cancellation fee of about £75 or maybe more. He'd sold his car as we were going down to one car so obviously didn't need it!!

Also, haven't you made a claim on your insurance for the break in?

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Hi Kitten

It expires on 1 december 2011. I have not made a claim as yet as do not want to ruin my no claims and if I can get a reputable scrap company to pick it up I will.

Ok, so you don't want to make a claim which is your choice, but check your policy about the terms of having to declare incidents and/or accidents.

As you probably realise you are in an annual contract, so you will have cancellation rates/charges, if you want to cancel. If you are looking for another car, you could simply suspend the cover for a short period and change the policy over, subject to any premium adjustment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread