• Tweets

• Hi Dave, Yep .... Will have to do AOS tomorrow .... Are you referring to CPR 31.14 Request?
    • I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Alba Residential Lease Breaches And Signs Of Intent Of Future Problems Need some help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hand delivered my Notice of Intention to Vacate to Alba Residential office on the 29/4/2011 stating that I was giving the required 2 months notice (8 weeks) in advance to leave the property I currently rent through them on the 30/06/2011, that I would return the keys to them before this date and to contact me to arrange a suitable date and time for a final inspection.

Then on 03/05/2011 they sent me 2 letters that I received on 05/05/2011 stating that there would be a contractor from ACME Design would be coming to look at the property on the 10/05/2011. Yes I thought straight off that they are going to see about renovating the property before reletting it. WRONG!!!!!!!!! (I get the feeling that they are planning on trying to get me to pay for their renovations now). I received a call from them on the 07/05/2011 telling me that they were looking to show the property on the 11/05/2011. To which I agreed not wanting to dispute the other letter in anything but in person. The second letter I received on the 05/05/2011 was Lease end information stating what was required of me. The problem here is that they want me to pay them £450 (a full months rent) to them on the 28/05/2011 but also that I had to return the keys to them by opening time on the 27/06/2011 and that my lease ends on the 26/06/2011 but I originally signed the lease with them on the 30/12/2009 at which point I had to pay a months rent in advance plus a month as deposit plus fees and £29.58(£14.79 x 2) to bring me up to the 01/01/2010 so it should end on the 01/07/2011 which is when they wish to do the final inspection.

Then to finally stick the boot in they called my mobile when I was at work today leaving a voicemail at 16:17 stating that they would be showing my flat again tomorrow at 11:30 only giving 19 hours and 13 mins notice and promptly following this with a text message 16:23 (does this constitute as written notice????) as soon as I got this message on my dinner break at 18:01 I called them back stating this wasn't acceptable as it was to short notice as when I'm working a back shift I don't get home till after 22:00 and was starting early tomorrow so would have to leave home at 06:15 so I couldn't clean the flat for the viewing and in future I would need at least 24 hours notice as stated in my lease but I get the feeing that they will do the viewing anyway.

I am going to follow todays call with another call tomorrow morning.

Can anybody help me with this as its quite confusing with the differences in Scottish and English Letting laws. I live in Scotland.

Thank you all

I am writing on behalf of ALBA Residential and I note your comments made about our company - I think from reading it there is obviously some confusion here!

I would welcome you to get in touch with us in order to explain things to you, as what you have written is incorrect.

Firstly if you have told us you do not want a viewing to go ahead, then we will not come, so do not worry about that. Notice is generally always given via telephone and if we do not hear back from you normally we will text or leave a voicemail, ensuring you get our message. If you get back to us to tell us you are dissatisfied in any way with how the viewings work, then of course we update our systems internally, and we work around you. We do need access to re-let the property for when your lease is over, so we are prepared to be flexible in order to do so, and appreciate your assistance in allowing us to access the property either in your absence or presence.

You pay rent in advance, which means the rent we expect you to pay by the 1st June will be for the month of June's rent. Your deposit amount is retained until after you move out, and then is returned following our final inspection, which is normally the day after your lease end date. This is all detailed in the End of Lease inspection letter sent to you after you've submitted your Notice to Quit.

Perhaps it will be easier to speak about things to help set things straight, so please email me or call me, our number is on the website. If preferred, give me your property address via private email (my email address is mark at albaresidential .co.uk, and I will look into it for you.

Kind regards,

Mark.

Ok but you still avoid the 4 extra days rent your trying to charge me totalling £59.16 when your company will have all the keys. Do you have any comments on that?

Well alba called me today having figured out who I am. They were really helpful and have sorted out this whole mess.

I would like to thank everyone who has commented on this thread. Also I would like to thank alba.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Glad to see you got some kind of resolution with this bunch, I cant say that echo's my experience with them.

I have rented through Alba for a couple of years, had enough of being messed around and have just gone elsewhere. What I will say for them is that though they are very good at community publicity stunts, they are horrendous as agents for tenants.

They have allowed repairs to go undone for weeks at a time,

have blatantly misled me and were a nightmare when it came to trying to get any deposit back.

I could not recommend them to anyone, however would say, if you must deal with them, keep copies of everything, notes of anyone you spoke too and what they said (because from my personal experience they will each say different things, and worst case deny saying it when tackled about it) and be prepared to walk away with a much reduced deposit after months of wrangling, no matter how clean you leave the place.

• 2 months later...

I am disappointed (Mordie) that you see fit to continue to complain about our company's service on various websites and blogs after we have invited you to get in touch with us simply by emailing us back, so that we can look into matters for you, and restore your faith in us (should that be what is required) and ultimately improve our service to others, if we have gone wrong somewhere along the line.

Thankfully most of our clients, such as the original enquirer, find our service helpful, honest and down-to-earth, and we receive a great deal of good feedback which we are very proud of.

We cannot help you if you do not get back in touch with your real name, I remain hopeful you decide to do so at some point so that we can help sort things out.

Kind regards,

Mark.