Car insurance can they backdate not my fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a little bit of advice so I know where I stand. I moved address in sept and informed my insurance and they told me they would adjust the monthly payment accordingly. Now 8 months later they contacted me to say they had problem at their end and it was not done so for the last 3 months of my policy I have to pay the backdated amount plus normal amount. Can they do this??? Any help would be great. I feel it's there fault not mine so I shouldn't have to pay it but not sure legally if they can make me.

Bit of a grey area this. When you changed the policy, they would have told you the relevant change in the cost of the cover for the year i.e. what the extra premium was and what the change in monthly payments was going to be. In theory therefore you would have accounted for this change in your finances and have money in your account to pay the extra premiums required.

You could of course make a complaint about this, citing treating customers fairly and also that the FSA expects them to have effective systems in place to control the collection of customers premiums. They have failed to treat you fairly and have failed to meet the proper accounting standards required by the FSA. In the circumstances you request that they waive the additonal amounts they have failed to collect to date on the basis that the collection of these would adversely affect your financial situation. If they fail to agree to this, then you will report this to the FOS to further the complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread