Help!!! With Refused Unemployment Protection Claim **SORTED**

Guest colliers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest colliers

In June 2005 i was made redundant after 19yrs luckily having not long moved i had payment protection, which i claimed, i had my first payment which was back dated in november, this covered upto end of Oct.

Due to family death and other circumstances i next sent an ABI 1 in Dec, we had another close relative die suddenly at xmas and the next thing it was july and was in court for my mortgage arrears, i sent another ABI 1 with all docs required and got a reply from insurance company saying they did not accept liability due to continuing claim after their 60 day limit, this i was unaware of.

I was advised to send letter explaining all circumstances, I then received reply

"We have taken advice from our insurers and as a goodwill gesture they have agreed to pay your claim from 27th Oct untill day our representative called at your home and was advised by your stepson that you were at work." 20/12/05

My stepson doesn't even live at home he's 30, we were xmas shopping at time because he was looking after his 13yr sister and he called us on mobile saying this rep was there, he had left a letter which i phoned in reply as requested that was last i knew. I was not working then or now

Can anyone give any advice in this matter on what i can now do ???

Send a letter of this nature: If they're saying you were at work, it would be verifiable through income tax, NI contributions. As well as accusing you of attempting to defraud an insurance company, are they also trying to say that you were working without declaring tax or NI, and defrauding the State? Because they'd better be damn sure before making those accusations, and be ready to back them up.

got a reply from insurance company saying they did not accept liability due to continuing claim after their 60 day limit, this i was unaware of.

Can you clarify this, please?

Guest colliers

Yes nice wording, i have writen a letter asking for an official complaint to be put forward and have explained about situation,and i ve included my last ABI 1 copy for there attention, i am also going to include your input as well, im giving a 7 day deadline before sending complaint form to financial ombudsman services.

thanks again

• 1 month later...
Guest colliers

Hi, just an update the isurance people have settled my claim in full, thanks for all advice etc. :) :) :lol: :lol: :grin: :grin: