Car Insurance, messing around after claim made!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope that someone can help with this, or at least advise me as to what I can or can't do.

In July 2010, I took out an insurance policy through a broker, for my car.

There was some mess up over the payment dates, and after July and August payment being made, september was missed. They wrote to me and said unless payment for the missed DD is made within 7 days, the insurance will be cancelled.

We rang them up, paid the money, re-set the DD, and all was fine and dandy!

Then, Friday 29th April, I got hit from behind in my car. Rang Insurance accident people (ALPS) on Saturday 30th April, reported accident, they took all my details and said all is ok and going through. This last week I have spoken to the claims handler, and personally injury people about my claim and all is going well.

This morning, I had a letter from my Broker, to say my insurance has been cancelled, and that it was cancelled back in September 2010. They say that no payments were made, and no payment received since. I do have bank statements to prove all DD payments have been made.

Does anyone know where I stand with this? Will my claims still be going through, or will they cancel them?

I am absolutely savage, and can't wait for monday morning to ring up the broker and give them a good talking to!

Just to add - I taxed my car, online, in January 2011. I have also driven through a number of ANPR checks, without any problems. When I checked MID after my accident (I checked mine and the other parties car) all was ok, when I checked MID this morning, it says not insured.

Thank you

You will have to sort it out with the broker. If you have bank statements confirming the payments made, then the broker should be able to find these payments. Some brokers act under a delegated authority of the Insurance underwriters and collect payments on their behalf. It could be that somehow the broker believes they have not been collecting the payments since Sept and have recently cancelled the policy with the underwriter. This could explain why the MID was showing the car as being insured up until fairly recently. The underwriter would have been notifiying the MID of the car being insured up to the point the broker cancelled the policy.

When payments are made through your bank account, each of the payments carries identification numbers, as well as the details of the company receiving the payments. So if you have problems with the brokers regarding your statement entries, your bank can provide further information regarding the payments.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread