Character Reference Letter Template

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother was pulled over for drink and driving, it was his first offence and he has a hearing next Thursday. We have been requested to proved some character references but the people who are providing these do not know what needs to be in the letter. Can anyone please email me samples of letters that i can forward on to them... Thank you

You might be wise to also post this query in the section of the forum for "motoring". That's not to say you won't get advice here as well, but "motoring" seems to cover a broader scope.

A character reference needs to be short and to the point, and should contain enough information without being overly flowery or wordy. Something as simple as the following will normally suffice.

Address

Ref : [FULL NAME]

To Whom It May Concern

I have known [FULL NAME] as a Colleague/Employee/Family Friend etc for X years. During that time, I have always known him to be honest, sincere, dependable and a good family man (use suitable wording according to your brother's individual circumstances). I have never known [NAME] to be anything other than a man of integrity and to find himself in his current situation is completely out of character.

I am a (provide here a description which demonstrates that the writer is of good standing, so perhaps 'local businessman', 'Managing Director', 'Community Leader' etc) and am writing this reference in support of [NAME] of my own free will and in the hope that the Court will take into account [NAME]'s previous good character.

Yours faithfully,

Signed

[FULL NAME]

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!