Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Bally Clooney Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2011

Default Character Reference Letter Template

My brother was pulled over for drink and driving, it was his first offence and he has a hearing next Thursday. We have been requested to proved some character references but the people who are providing these do not know what needs to be in the letter. Can anyone please email me samples of letters that i can forward on to them... Thank you

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2009

Default Re: Character Reference Letter Template

You might be wise to also post this query in the section of the forum for "motoring". That's not to say you won't get advice here as well, but "motoring" seems to cover a broader scope.

Site Team Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder Authoritative Sidewinder's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in
    The Zone

Default Re: Character Reference Letter Template

A character reference needs to be short and to the point, and should contain enough information without being overly flowery or wordy. Something as simple as the following will normally suffice.

Address

Ref : [FULL NAME]

To Whom It May Concern

I have known [FULL NAME] as a Colleague/Employee/Family Friend etc for X years. During that time, I have always known him to be honest, sincere, dependable and a good family man (use suitable wording according to your brother's individual circumstances). I have never known [NAME] to be anything other than a man of integrity and to find himself in his current situation is completely out of character.

I am a (provide here a description which demonstrates that the writer is of good standing, so perhaps 'local businessman', 'Managing Director', 'Community Leader' etc) and am writing this reference in support of [NAME] of my own free will and in the hope that the Court will take into account [NAME]'s previous good character.

Yours faithfully,

Signed

[FULL NAME]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click the link at the bottom of the page to donate
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE