style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if I've got this in the right place, but I'm sure the Mods will put me right.

I have just received a letter from Acenden stating that after the last BBR change in March 2009, my monthly payment was incorrectly set owing to "fees and interest" applied to my account not having been included in the payment amount. This will apparently result in a shortfall on my mortgage of £1155.51 over the term of the mortgage.

They say my options are to increase my payment by £10.41 a month over the term (9 years and 3 months remaining = £1155.51, seems OK) OR make a lump sum payment of £109.58 How does that work?:???:

My payment has only been at the current amount since October 2009 anyway, not March.

Has anyone had a similar letter, or know what this is about? Obviously I don't want to be left with a shortfall, but an alarm bell is ringing in my head which says the numbers don't add up. I am just about to go trawling back through all my mortgage letters, statements and other papers to see if I can shed any light on it that way, prior to a telephone call later today. Wish me luck!

Edited by celtichedgewitch
Spelling (twice)

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - £48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'

'fees'

you mean you've been charges fees for late/missed payments

if so

you owe them nowt on these

get reclaiming.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope - haven't missed a payment or been late since the date in question, and they haven't offered me an explanation of what these fees and interest are for.

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - £48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'

ok

i'm gonna move this to the mortgage forum

there are lots of other threads on capstone there to read too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...