Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder celtichedgewitch Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2006

Default Acenden

Not sure if I've got this in the right place, but I'm sure the Mods will put me right.

I have just received a letter from Acenden stating that after the last BBR change in March 2009, my monthly payment was incorrectly set owing to "fees and interesticon" applied to my account not having been included in the payment amount. This will apparently result in a shortfall on my mortgageicon of 1155.51 over the term of the mortgageicon.

They say my options are to increase my payment by 10.41 a month over the term (9 years and 3 months remaining = 1155.51, seems OK) OR make a lump sum payment of 109.58 How does that work?

My payment has only been at the current amount since October 2009 anyway, not March.

Has anyone had a similar letter, or know what this is about? Obviously I don't want to be left with a shortfall, but an alarm bell is ringing in my head which says the numbers don't add up. I am just about to go trawling back through all my mortgage letters, statements and other papers to see if I can shed any light on it that way, prior to a telephone callicon later today. Wish me luck!

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (2875.60 before interest, 3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07
    C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (48.00 before interest, 54.11 with interest) 16/08/07
    C1 - 48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Acenden

'fees'

you mean you've been charges fees for late/missed payments

if so

you owe them nowt on these

get reclaiming.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder celtichedgewitch Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2006

Nope - haven't missed a payment or been late since the date in question, and they haven't offered me an explanation of what these fees and interesticon are for.

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (2875.60 before interest, 3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07
    C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (48.00 before interest, 54.11 with interest) 16/08/07
    C1 - 48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

ok
    i'm gonna move this to the mortgageicon forum

there are lots of other threads on capstone there to read too

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE