Car insurance problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Knowing there is a great wealth of knowledge on here im looking for a bit of advice on our car insurance. My wife had a little prang going onto a roundabout last week, went into the back of another car at no more than 5mph. There was minimal damage, noting to our car but the other had a dented bumper and cracked light. We were more than likely going to just pay for the damage to his but now we hear he is claiming for 'whiplash'. Pretty sure he is trying to pull a fast one but no way of proving it.

Now our problem. She already had 3 points on her licence and they were already declared when we renwed the policy. She got 3 more points in April last year but stupidly forgot to declare them to the insurance when it happened or when she renewed. Is she in the sh*t? And if so how much. It was an honest mistake, we had a new baby in Feb and she just totally forgot but I know that is no excuse.

Have looked online and a few people have had the same problem. Some people say the insurance is no longer valid, some say ring them and they will charge you more but insurance is still valid but others say keep quite and they wont know. I would have thought they would have so way of knowing but dont want to ring and admit it just incase they dont. But then dont want to say nothng and get caught out later on down the line.

As you can imagine the wife is getting worried we are going to have a massive medical bill for the 'whiplash'. Hopefully someone on here will have a bit of knowledge on this so we can decide what to do next.

Thanks

Dan

Report accident to your Insurers and let them deal with it. I doubt you would want the hassle of legal fees etc arguing about the whiplash and other dodgy PI claims they might make. Then you would have to pay for it, as well as the repairs to their car.

Your Insurers won't come to the rescue later on, if you don't tell them now per the terms of your policy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread