Unbelievable! Any advice greatly appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Forum team,

Over three years ago my vehicle was sitting parked when it was hit by a lorry, the other party admitted full liability; I then experienced numerous problems with my own insurance company.

I had fully comprehensive insurance, and to cut a long story short, my vehicle eventually went for repair and was returned in an unsatisfactory condition. I contacted my insurance company who were neither interested nor did they acknowledge a solicitors letter instructing them not to pay the garage for repairs. I then paid an independent vehicle inspection company to examine the vehicle and who conclude the repair was unsatisfactory.

Three years and several months later the insurance company now admit they were wrong, and the vehicle has now been submitted to another repairer at their cost. They have also had it checked by their own motor inspection engineer who confirms the previous repair was unsatisfactory. They can offer no explanation but do acknowledge both my contact and that of the solicitor.

I would be very grateful for any advice or input anyone on the forum can give as to any entitlement I may be due for the three years that the vehicle was not fit for use. This vehicle was a Ford Transit Van used for business and was only 18month old. From new it was covered for three years with a bumper-to-bumper warranty, servicing, and breakdown cover. It has depreciated in value in the three years it has sat unused and I have subsequently had a CCJ recorded against me as I struggled to pay for a vehicle that should have been earning its keep.

Many thanks in advance, hope you can help… :!: