Car Insurance Payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if anyone can give me any advice.

I took out a new car insurance policy in January, and in February bought a new car. The car is newer, but nothing else had changed on the policy.

I looked on the internet at how much the insurance was going to cost (yes, I should have called). On the internet the it was saying about £5 a month more which was fine.

I called up my insurance company to tell them of the change of car and they doubled my monthly payment! At the time, I pleaded, begged etc. for them to keep the cost down, but they wouldn't :mad2: I couldn't afford the cancellation charge either.:-( I have once again pleaded, begged etc!

Here I am again, struggling to make payments due to being made redundant. I now have now got a new job, but at half my previous wage. We are struggling to make ends meet.

Is there anyway I can get them to make my payment smaller? They suggested third party fire and theft, but this is no help. I have 3 children that need to get from A-B as well as me commuting to work.

They have been absolutely no help to me. I can't afford the monthly payments and I can't afford the cancellation fee either. Nor can I manage without a car. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

there must something else, other than just being a bit newer; different model, bigger engine etc.

Have you aked them why it is more?

its always best to check with your insurance co. before you actually purchase a new car.

Yes, the car is newer and slightly bigger engine, but nothing else had changed. I checked on the insurance compare websites and a lot of the quotes were cheaper than the new "payments" my insurance company changed too! Didn't really have much choice in buying a new car though. Needed a reliable family car to get me to work and to take the children to school and nursery. The old car was on it's way out.

I'm just annoyed that once they get you to insure with them they turn into the most unhelpful people. Nice as pie when they want your money, but when you need help they couldn't care less.

I'm guessing there is nothing I can do?

have you checked the rate they would apply if you were a new customer though their website?

does it match what they want to charge you now? If it is then thats there rate but if a lot less then they would have some explaining to do!

Hi splo

Did they say why they doubled it?

'I called up my insurance company to tell them of the change of car and they doubled my monthly payment'

You should of said that you got a cheaper quote, you should be held hostage to an increase. Whats the name of the insurer?

Two threads merged.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The insurance company is Yes Insurance. At the time I checked their website and I also checked it again yesterday, and the monthly payment was and is half what I pay now. They say they won't give me this price because I'm not a new customer. When I started the argument with them I'd only been with them 4 weeks, so I would say a fairly new customer!!! They won't budge though, they said they will only make my payments cheaper is I go to third party fire and theft, which is no good to me. If I can't the policy I have to pay £185 plus £35 cancellation fee. I can't afford to pay this.

We also have a van insured with them too. I will NEVER go with them again nor recommend them. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired!