car insurance refused due to credit rating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes they are.

If you are paying in a lump sum then it seems a bit strange

From my phone

Hi stu

If your not sure, you could take up a free Trial with one of the credit agencies, but make sure to cancel it. For some reason they like to charge you for your own information, a bit like reverse rental:roll:

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know they could do that! I have a really bad credit rating but have never had a problem insuring my car. I'm currently with Direct Line and paying in instalments, may be worth giving them a try?

I hope you find someone to insure it, there's so much you are blocked from that is part of 'normal' life because of credit ratings :sad:

Best wishes

Pixy

Just a little thought, we went on confused.com to look for insurance quotes. Little did we know at the time that every company that gave us a quote also left a mark on OH's credit file. Overnight he went from good to very bad. There were 26 entries on his credit file so it looks like he has obtained credit with 26 companies lowering his "score".

Will never do that in a hurry again. Ended up staying with his present insurer who don't seem to mind his recent credit activity.

Little did we know at the time that every company that gave us a quote also left a mark on OH's credit file. Overnight he went from good to very bad. There were 26 entries on his credit file so it looks like he has obtained credit with 26 companies lowering his "score".

The type of enquiry made at quote stage does not signify obtaining credit, and shouldn't affect a credit score.