Mis sold car insurance?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

my son took out his own car insurance policy with Admiral, he was insuring a 'y' registration ford Ka, he was offered fully comp insurance for a wopping £140.00 per month with a £400.00 excess, he was 23 years old, after 6 months he has crashed his car and wrote it off, virtually no damage to the other vehicle, my son admitted liabilty as he ran into the back of the car in front. the insurance company has cancelled his insurance as they say is normal in these cirumstances, He has now been offered a settlement figure of £400.00 for his vehicle. BUT he has a £400.00 excess and because the policy has only ran 6 months Admiral want the remaining amount of installments paid which comes to £705.00. the question i have is why was my son sold fully comp insurance when it had no benefit to him, he would never have been compensated for the loss of his vehicle, surely this is mis selling, any ideas what i can do about it?

thanks in anticipation of your replies

airodek

I'm afraid it is not mis-selling. The majority of the insurance premium is for TP liability. In your sons case he would be better off withdrawing his claim & cancelling his cover.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!