Central Recoveries chasing AA insurance 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's to do with AA car insurance, they got me on the last months premium. I cancelled the dd after what I thought was the last payment but there was one more the day before my renewal. Cheeky sods.

I am disputing the amount.

Hmm, I'm not sure you will be able to dispute the amount for Car Ins?

If this was a years premium paid over 12 months then it would have been pretty clear? Or are these Jokers trying to tell you the amount you have to pay them is different to the amount agreed with the AA?

Check your policy and see if there are any late/failed payment charges.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hmm, I'm not sure you will be able to dispute the amount for Car Ins?

If this was a years premium paid over 12 months then it would have been pretty clear? Or are these Jokers trying to tell you the amount you have to pay them is different to the amount agreed with the AA?

Check your policy and see if there are any late/failed payment charges.

I found an extra £27.29 added to the account that they cannot explain. I have paid what is owed minus the rougue amount. It is obviously a charge of some kind but out of principle I will not pay it. They got debt collectors on the case within 7 days of the payment being missed. :-x

I too had a dispute over added fees that should not have been there. I paid what I owed, but not the extra. Again Debt Collectors were unleashed by letter and phone for about 3 months and then everything stopped.

I can still honestly answer I've never had insurance refused, though I would have if I went with them again. For the debt of just over £17 they must have lost money trying to get it back.

Right I am with you now!

Have you made a formal complaint to the AA?

I would, and I'd make it known that I will exhaust it. Got me worried now about mine, although it is contents ins.

You would have thought they would give you some random excuse as to what it is, not just say they have no idea! Stick to your guns, pay em nowt!

• 3 months later...

Central Recoveries do not have a website or email address that I could find, but I did find their ownership details in the micro print at the bottom of a letter from them - they are part of The AA themselves, their insurance division.

Upon further investigation (no-one can hide from me!), I found out that the AA is now owned by Saga and their CEO is a guy called Andrew Goodsell.

andrew dot goodsell at saga dot co dot uk

Am sure he would be overjoyed to hear from anyone with complaints about harassment from Central Recoveries!

I have suggested in an email to Mr Goodsell, that the behaviour of Central Recoveries doesn't fit well with the brand values of The AA and Saga, and that he might like to make it easier to contact Central Recoveries directly by email, rather than every man and his dog emailing him. I'll see what he comes back with.

:-D

I realise they probably trade under several different names but does anyone have an email address for them?

Cheers

Eddie