Quick question about car insurance guys, 3rd Party have send ME a DEMAND!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, Im wondering if anyone can help. I was involved in a car accident at the begining of August 2010... the 3rd part vehicle crashed into the side of my stationary car... Now its went down the all too common route of no one accepting liability... I understand this is a complicated issue...

Problem is, that my insurance hold 3rd party 100percent to blame, and said they will pursue them four my outlay 4500 and 250 excess... Now a few weeks ago I recieved a letter directly from the 3rd part insurance company(tesco) , a FINAL NOTICE(although ive never had a letter from them, and believe they should only contact my Insurer, who I pay for etc... and through the bloody nose as well I should add, exuse my french!!)

The letter reads as follows;;;

To xxxxx

Our ref; xxxxxx

Insured; xxxxx DATE; 18 March 2011

FINAL NOTICE

Ammount Required ; 1756.82 outlay

; 100 excess

Proceedings will be issued if payment is not recieved within 14 days.

We refer to the incident dated 08/08/2010

We hav contacted your insurance company requesting payment for the above sots which we have not yet recieved.

We have informed your insurer that if payment is not recieved within the next 14 days, we will pass the claim to our solicitors who WILL start legal proceeding. Any legal proceedings will also included a claim for interest and the statutory rate., as we hold you responsible for this incident, you should should be aware that in the event your insurance company does not make payment on time, any legal proceedings will be issued against you, and in your name, at the above address.

To avoid legal proceedings, please contact your insurer immediately and ask them to deal with this claim.

Should you have any questions call

craig davidson

Any advice on this... I mean when I called the Ombudsman, they said it seemed strange they contacted me, and that he had not encountered in before..... When I called the 3rd part insurer, they claimed they had to tell me, the OS said this was untrue, and that only my insurer deals with this, and not me, as I nominated them my representative... I pay for legal cover too.... where doI stand, could this be unethical practice... It was the first letter I recieved from them??

Any help guys

Much appreciated.

Jamie

Unfortunatly

Send it onto your Insurers ASAP and let them deal with it. Can't see how you are responsible if your car was stationary.

I think the 3rd party Insurers Tesco have lost the plot and have issued the wrong letter. I suspect that the file has not been seen by anyone who has decided to go down the legal route. Normally the Insurers try to sort it out between them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UB is 100% right, probably some bad handling.

Then again, you say stationary into the side of your car, did you pull out of a junction?

This type of letter standard practice these days, a letter much the same would have gone to your insurer.Your insurer would possibily have also sent a similar letter to the third party.

Whilst your insurer are your nominated representitive etc, the claim is against you. The third party insurer would just be doing this to make sure it gets to your insurer. Your insurer may have already had a letter, but not yet dealt with it, or have dealt with it and the third party have pressed the "next" button.

Insurers gave up being polite to each other years ago , but that's a different story.

There's not a lot you can do about it, the FOS have no remit here (they don't assist third party's), their helpline are nice, but not in touch. Just keep on top of your own insurer, make it known you want this dealt with properly.

Thanks for that... I spoke with the 3rd Party insurer, and stated that I didnt want them to contact me again, they said they could contact me if the wanted, and will do so... That quite annoyed me, Im guessing that means it was not just a standard letter after all, they were very rude. I forwarded it to my solicitor anyway, they said they really should be contacting them and not me.... I got stopped on a junction(which was not a box junction) and had to stop, this was due to some1 pulling out from the book keepers ahead, the driver 2 cars in front of me, let them out.... I was stationary for around 5seconds, and a driver who was oncoming passed through the amber/red while looking at the lights(eyes fixed), I sounded my horn but he didnt even brake..... I saw him catch sight of me, and looked very surprised... yeah I bet.... He basically caused 4500 damage to my car, he got a new car at a value of 1745... I was devasted, Id only had the car 2 months to the day.... I learned my lesson however... even though the police officer told me that because it was a standard junction, my only concern is oncoming traffic, and the fact I was halted on junction is just part and parcel..something I will try never to do again... The other driver who accelerated through the lights, hit me without breaking and at 30+mph... although there is no witnessess, the police have considered the other driver, the driver at fault... still their insurance are trying to say I turned in front of them.... Even though I had already turned, halted,... when I seen the driver approach, I used my horn, he looked at me but he was going to fast to stop, and litterally was a few meters away... I bet he had his foot on the accelerator... Anyway thanks for the advice.... It just annoyed me that even though I say to 3rd party insurer, I dont want you to call me, or send me mail anymore... and they say we can do what they want... If I had the guy in front of me saying that, Id be hard pushed not to bash his face in.. :( but again that would make me far worse than him... I just thought people had the right to request such things, espescially to a company who I am not a client with.... Dont call me no more sucka!! hehe I was fuming with him!!

Any legal proceedings will be issued against YOU personally and, in the absence of nominated solicitors, will served at your home addres and there is nothing you can do to stop it as ultimately you are liable if your insurance do not pick it up.

As far as I can see the other side's insurance company has broken any rules by contacting you.