No Claim Discount (Incorrect informations), is it fraud?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, I urgently need your advice as i've got 2 days left : with experience please. I bought an insurance cover for my car 2 years ago, the policy docs was sent by email so I never checked it, then by the end of the 12 months contract, I was resent the written policy and a letter to say they will no longer be able to cover me due to a change of their conditions and I was given a 1 year no claim discount certificate. it's only then that I realised that the information about my driving licence was incorrect, I had a provisional licence for 3 years and drive at the side of my husband but on the paper its says 3 years full uk licence. i have now reinsured my car, the quotes are very high so I thought I could use my 1 year no claims bonus to get some discount, I did and now the new insurer want to see my NCD. My question are: is that NCD still valid even thought an information was incorrect and because I only realised it late I didnt do anythg about it. can I sent the NCD or simply cancel everything or tell them i no longer have it or try to explain it (will the believe me or report me?) and restart from 0? If I do use it, will my new insurer contact the previous one for details of my previous policy?(on the letter, a number is given to call + a reference number). is this going to be considered as a fraud? OR, WHAT SHALL I DO? Don't want to get myself into hot water but then i am paying £1900 for the year ... thanks for reading and replying

Edited by lovebanana

NCD = NO CLAIMS Discount,

If you didn't make a claim you are entitled to notify new insurer, however you could be due monies to old insurer as they could claim that the risk charged was based on you having full licence and not provisional. It is a contract of the utmost good faith.

Especially when it goes their way !

How will the present insurer know either what premiums you paid or on what basis, to divulge this to present insurers may well breach DPA. All they will care about is that you have held insurance for a year and not claimed.

Ignoring what happened previously, are you saying that you have correctly informed your current insurer of your licence details and length you have held it, and have a certificate from your previous insurer showing 1 years no claims?

If so, then I would say at this time what happened regarding the oversight with your previous insurer is water under the bridge. As has been pointed out, if you had submitted a claim through your old insurer you may have had a problem as their "risk" turned out to be greater than they believed. No accident happened so the point is moot.

The facts you have supplied to your current insurer are correct (including the fact that you have held an insurance for one year without claiming) so the quote they have given you is based on accurate details.

I very doubt they will care as long as your current information is correct i.e. Length of time you held a full licence and that your are entitled to one year NCD.

That is what your current policy will be based on.

They do share information but dont think this will be a problem.

ok, but would they foud out that my 1 year NCD was based on incorrect information?

Your 1 year's NCB is not based on incorrect information. The premium you paid may have been lower than it should have been because you may have been a greater risk to them than they had calculated for, but the fact remains that you have held an insurance policy for 1 year and made no claims against it.

What premium you paid to the first company will not be made known to your current insurer and no longer has any bearing on your risk factor because the new company has the right details.