Council Tax and Housing Benefit Backdate Request.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings.

I applied for housing benefit on the 23rd October and Got a reciept. The assesments team lost my application not once but twice. On the third time I finally got it all sorted and housing benefit is now being paid.

I mad a backdate request from 26/10/10 to the 27/02/11 being the date that my original claim went in and have now been denied. They have wriotten to me stating the following.

" I regret to inform you that your recent request for backdated benefit has not been sucessful. This is because you have not shown "continuous good cause" why you were unable to make an earlier claim for that period. If there is no continuous good cause then the benefits legislation does not permit payment of backdated benefit. Regulation 83(2) of the housing benefit regulations 2006 and regulation 69(14) of the council tax benefit regulations 2006.

Hang On???? I sent in the receipt!!!!!!

Help!!!

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

The Council will only read what bits of an application and any support they want to and totally disregard everything else. As for your receipt did you send the original or a copy and more importantly do they still have it? Get your local Councillor9s) involved, they have direct access to sort this.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks very much.

Ill speak to my councilor. They completely disregarded the evidence i sent in. Ill post back and let you know whats going on.

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

I do. I havce never let them have the original.

1) submit a complaint about them losing the claim form

2) request that they make a decision on the claim that you submitted on "date of receipt"

3) submit an appeal against the decision that you are not entitled to benefit from the date of the lost claim

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Thankyou for your feedback. Fortunately I am dealing with someone called laura who is not a complete r****d. I have got to go in and see them on monday so will post my letter on here before I go so you guys can take a look at it for me.