style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this query so i apologise if it is not and you have to move it.

Basically I was looking for some advice if anybody can help at all.

I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and have fallen behing in council tax payments due for this year due to illness. Am currently on maternity leave as had to take early leave because of the situation. Obviously my salary has dropped rather alot.

I was advised by the council to wait for a liability order in which I could then call them back to make a special arrangement so this is what I did.

The amount owed if approximately £750.00. I know its terrible and im so stressed and annoyed with myself for getting into the situation in the first plave but theres nothing i can do about it now but to try and resolves it.

So I rang them this morning and they advise they need to take 10% off the balance there and then and that the rest of the balance can only be split over 6 months and this is the maximum they can do.

I asked them if there was any way they could do it over a longer period as I just dont think its going to be affordable and told them I would have to take some advice and ring them back as I just simply cannot make an arrangement that im probably not going to be able to keep to as I would be lying.

Can anybody help and give any advice on what I should do next?

xxxx

:-) 19/01/2011 Reclaimed £313.93 Capital One Credit Card Charges

:razz: 23/03/2011 Reclaimed £140.00 Studio Catalogue Charges

8-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £84.00 Fashion World Charges

:-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £132.00 Brilliant Gift Shop Charges

:razz: 04/04/2011 Reclaimed £180.00 JD Williams Charges

Well thought id update the post incase anybody was watching etc. I called the council back and advised that I couldnt agree to the arrangement they were proposing as it would simply mean that I would default on it and risk even more charges/collections. The liability order does not go to court untill the 20th april in which they told me after that they would then write to me giving me 14 days notice to contact them to set up a payment arrangement or if will go to baliffs.

They advised for me to write into them with proposals for payment which I have done so just going to wait for them to get back to me. fingers crossed. In total ill be paying about £170.00 a month for the new year council tax and the arrears which i think is pretty fair and shows that im not trying to get away with it and am eager to resolve it.

They really can be quite helpful if you are honest and upfront with them. I may eat my words in a couple weeks time but we shall see xxx

:-) 19/01/2011 Reclaimed £313.93 Capital One Credit Card Charges

:razz: 23/03/2011 Reclaimed £140.00 Studio Catalogue Charges

8-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £84.00 Fashion World Charges

:-) 30/03/2011 Reclaimed £132.00 Brilliant Gift Shop Charges

:razz: 04/04/2011 Reclaimed £180.00 JD Williams Charges

They really can be quite helpful if you are honest and upfront with them

Can't say I agree with that statement. If they were that helpful, they wouldn't be getting a liability order against you which cost £3 and billing you around £100 for.

You can't even go to court and argue the fact as that isn't what a liability court is about.